Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Flash Offline  (Read 4145 times)

Frosty365

Topic Starter

Starter

Flash Offline
    « on: February 11, 2009, 06:51:35 AM »
    Hey there;

Ok so i've just started learning vb, to create some UI's for work and there are (as some of you may know) a lot of good tutorials online. However because of where I live I have no access to internet, I do have access at work.

So my question is can I download the video tutorials which are .swf and watch them later offline.

I've tried using real player, flv, flash 2x and some others but they didn't work for me any advice or recommendations?

Thanking you in advance.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Flash Offline
    « Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 07:03:50 AM »
    Can you give us an example of an online tutorial. There may be a way, but I will have to check.
    You can try now if you want.
    You need to get Mozilla Firefox and install the add-on Video Download Helper.
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3006

Otherwise, you can load up the flash video with internet connection and watch it later in your browser.

Frosty365

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 07:44:36 AM »
      Thanks for the reply

one example is:
      http://www.gotmyidea.com/54290-visual-basic-2008-tutorial-how-to-make-a-simple-log-in-system.php.

I've also tried looking for the .flv on that page in IE menu-view - source, and paste it into a .html page, but I was unable to find it(didn't search for too long tho cause i'm at work, will try again later)

I'm using IE 7 at the moment, but if there is no other way round it I can install Mozilla Firefox.

What do you mean by
      Otherwise, you can load up the flash video with internet connection and watch it later in your browser.

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 07:56:22 AM »
      Yes, that video can be saved using Download Helper.

What do you mean by

If you load up the video but don't close the window (minimize the internet browser), you can watch it when offline.
      The moment you close the video, you need internet connection to stream it again.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • BC-Programming.com
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 08:08:17 AM »
      using About:Cache with Firefox is how I copy the flash files (SWFs) to a removable drive when necessary. a search through the about:cache for the URL of the tutorial you want might give you something useful.
      I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

Frosty365

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 09:15:39 AM »
        OK guys;

Thanks a lot for the help will give it a go and see what happens.

Talk soon!