Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer shuts down instantly trying to re-load windows xp. Really weird issues.  (Read 2547 times)

solitude

Topic Starter

Ok.. So here it is.

I've used UBCD, Hiren's, and ERD. I've used multiple hard drives and even ran memory tests. Everything passes.

The computer will stay on while I use the above aforementioned cds and let me run tests all night long without powering down.

When I boot it from my windows xp cd to reload windows however it will go through loading the drivers and right as it goes to load up the screen to start the install it powers down instantly.  I've also used multiple windows xp cds.

As a note.. I've also removed the batter and tried it like that, but it's always the same. I've fixed and repaired probably hundreds of computers and have yet to ever come across this problem. It really has me stumped. Any suggestions would be awesome.

The only other thing I can think of is that it is some kind of power problem and that piece of hardware causing the problem is only initiated when windows xp goes to load up but even ERD Commander is like a mini windows so I would assume it should have done the same on load, but it does not.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Where are these "multiple" Windows CD's from ? ?
    Are they all marked with a Sharpie ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

solitude

Topic Starter

Where are these "multiple" Windows CD's from ? ?
      Are they all marked with a Sharpie ? ?

They are. The difference is I use legit cd keys from the persons computer that I am working on. =\ Thanks for the help.. lol

Oh.. and I know for sure they all work as I've used them plenty of times.. all with legit cd keys from the customers prior installs.