Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: connecting to datashow & monitor  (Read 2149 times)

lavender

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    connecting to datashow & monitor
    « on: February 12, 2009, 01:56:21 PM »
    hello

in my work place i got to use datashow device very often and the process of changing the VGA cable between the computer monitor and the datashow starts to bother me..i have asked around for splitted VGA cable but i cant find any...is there an easy solution to show my computer display screen on both the datashow and the computer monitor in the same time

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: connecting to datashow & monitor
    « Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 02:25:05 PM »
    If a desktop computer get a video card with Dual-Display option. Otherwise if a laptop that is unable to slow both or desktop you dont want to upgrade video card, then you will need a video splitter a box that takes in 1 input and outputs multiple outputs. Lots of computer stores use these for there monitor displays so I system sends its video signal to a box that duplicates the output to liek 8 or more monitors for side by side comparision between models etc.

A Video card with dual-display feature can be purchased for around $100 or so. Not sure on the price of a video splitter box for VGA.