Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Driver messing up internet connection  (Read 3506 times)

mystycgurl

Topic Starter

Driver messing up internet connection
    « on: February 14, 2009, 06:10:39 AM »
    I was using a Dell Inspiron E1505 but the screen got busted so I got a Dell Inspiron 6400 which they are basically the same except the 1505 is for consumers and the 6400 is for business. Anyways well I just took my hard drive out of the E1505 and put it in the 6400. Everything seemed to work fine except for the video controller drivers it said needed to be downloaded. So I downloaded the drivers which I can almost say 100% are the correct ones. But after I downloaded and installed them I lost my internet connection. With IE it would show my homepage but when I tried to go to another site it would say that I didn't have a connection. Same with Mozilla. I eventually uninstalled the driver and then voila. My internet connection was back. So instead of Dell I tried to download the driver from Intel's website but the same thing happened. I don't loose connection right away. But after about 10-15 mins I loose mt connection again. Some of the games that I like to play require that I have direct x but I can't have direct x unless I have the driver installed. Could someone please try to help me with this. Uninstalling so I can get online, and reinstalling so I can play a game is getting kinda old. Thank You In Advance.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Driver messing up internet connection
    « Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 07:02:10 AM »
    Travel to Dell's site and enter the Service Tag # from the 6400...
    There it will list all the drivers for that machine.
    I would re-install ALL of them starting with the MBoard chipset drivers first.
    Re-boot after installing each one.

Best of Luck.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

mystycgurl

Topic Starter

Re: Driver messing up internet connection
      « Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 08:38:40 AM »
      Same problem I was doing them all in order and when I downloaded the video driver I restarted it and couldn't get back online