Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I want fast printing font  (Read 5543 times)

vipuldshah77

I want fast printing font
« on: April 25, 2005, 11:51:41 AM »
I want fast printing font ...
no need for good look...
because my customer habituate with dos font ... which is very fast in print ... now i give html page to print for ... which uses fonts slower in print.
customer does not like slow printing of bill, receipt etc. it must be fast ... bad quality is ok

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: I want fast printing font
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 12:59:45 PM »
Alright... Forst off.. I have never heard of one font printing faster than another... But... If you say so... I suggest Times New Roman... That prints fast (just as any other font), and looks clean. If you want faster printing, then maybe you need a better printer... Laser maybe...

[glb]Flame[/glb]

gussery

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 05:19:52 PM »
You want a fixed width font as opposed to a true type font.  True type fonts are rendered as graphics whereas fixed width are (many times) stored in the printer's memory.  Of course that depends on your printer too.

Some fixed width fonts are MS Sans Serif, Courier(not Courier New), Roman (not Times New Roman (sorry Flame)).

Go to your control panel, open up fonts, and take a look at the descriptions, etc.  If you are on XP you will notice the Fixed Width fonts in Red and the True Type in blue.

Now, there is a significant difference in printing from a character based program (DOS) and a web page.  Remember when printing a web page you are also printing the background color (even it if is white) as well as any graphics you have on there.  All of that adds to print time.

Vipul Dineshbhai Shah

then how can i remove unnecessary printing
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 11:13:59 AM »
gussery,
you have written ...
printing the background color (even it if is white) adds to print time ...
... then how can i give printing so that printer anly prints characters instead of background ( i do not have any graphic on the web page)

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 12:53:33 PM »
I could be wrong, but that background option is not able to be controlled... If you have a laser printer, then this should not even be an issue...  ;)

[glb]Flame[/glb]

gussery

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 01:32:57 PM »
It is a check box under Internet Options, Advanced in IE.  This is a setting in each browser on each computer so you do not programatically control it.  (I guess you could but I wouldn't suggest changings the browser settings on anyone's PC without their knowledge).

Vipul Dineshbhai Shah

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 03:31:36 PM »
Thanks a lot yaar ...
I have not tested on printer , but i m sure it will work

By the way, what is the meaning of ...
Now where did I put that list?
...?

gussery

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2005, 03:38:22 PM »
It refers to my inate ability to make a list of things to do and then loosing the list...............:)