Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Flow Rate Control to avoid Saturation  (Read 2149 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Flow Rate Control to avoid Saturation
« on: February 16, 2009, 11:41:23 AM »
Looking for a way to bottleneck the network transfer rate between a system at one site and another without setting up a quality of service. I have to transfer 16GB from one site to the next and the distance is too far to drive and sneaker network it on a external hard drive and users do not have access to the data to burn to DVDs.

Anyone have any suggestions on a good application that will allow for me to specify the rate of the data flow to avoid total saturation across our wan bridged to the other site.

Been thinking of maybe using Filezilla FTP to FTP the data and use that to get data from point A to B, but I think the port by which filezilla operates is blocked at both sides   :(

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated .... kind of wondering if there is a utility that can bottleneck the network adapters data rate to avoid saturation such as specifying a 50% flow rate etc so the business can still run with minimal impact to the users at each site.