Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Chronically ill computer crashes online game: ialmrnt5 error  (Read 2758 times)

Daemon

Chronically ill computer crashes online game: ialmrnt5 error
« on: February 16, 2009, 11:51:26 PM »
Hi, I'm new here and this new error is the last straw. I apologise in advance; this is the first time I've posted on a forum.

I have a second hand computer (no-discs)
Running Windows XP Home Edition 2002 SP3
System: Intel Celeron CPU 2.53GHz
504MB of RAM
Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller - Driver v:6.14.10.4396
C-Media AC97 Audio Device - Driver v:5.12.1.49

Trying to play an MMO game, Wurm Online. Had to turn all settings to minimal to get the game to function at all, and now I get a few minutes of play before the game freezes, followed by the monitor turning off, and resetting to a tiny desktop with psychedelic minimal colour settings and an error message.

error message: "The ialmrnt5 display driver has stopped working normally. Save your work and reboot the system to restore full display functionality. The next time you reboot the machine a dialog will be displayed giving you a chance to upload data about this failure to Microsoft"

I can't close the game down without seizing up the computer, or shut down the computer whilst ignoring the game. I've had to hard-reset the computer each time. A dialog box has never been displayed.

I'm the first to admit that my computer has too many faults, there are many programs that won't run properly, fail to install or crash, but this is the only time I've had this error.

I've tried surfing forums, checked my graphics driver version and drawn a blank. I haven't found any game-specific help or generic fixes that apply.

Please can you help ? I'm desperately in need of some 'hope'. :-[

mannsupreme

Beginner
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Chronically ill computer crashes online game: ialmrnt5 error
    « Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 02:48:39 AM »
    well firstly your RAM isnt high enough for the required settings. to play a MMO you generally need to exceed the recommended settings. as for your video card, yours i dont think exceeds the required aswell but im not sure as its seems like you video card is quite outdated.

the only solution i can think of is upgrading you computer it wont cost too much and you will see a major improvement
    Why did the lion get lost?
    Because jungle is massive!

chevronman

Beginner

Re: Chronically ill computer crashes online game: ialmrnt5 error
      « Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 11:44:39 PM »
      I agree with mann, upgrage to atleast 1 gig ram two if you can and change out the video card if your going with invidia go with a minimum of a 6600gt depending on what type of interface you have. If it is a pci-e 16x an 8800gtx+ would be a great choice if you like ati a hd 4850 would be a great choice. see what type of video interface you have ie... pci, agp or pci-e 16x and get the best card available that will work with your operationg system and interface.