Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Beware of falling power supplies  (Read 22860 times)

Dead Reckon

Re: Beware of falling power supplies
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2009, 05:02:21 PM »
My brother's fiancee has a '95 Thunderbird, if yours has the 3.8L like I think it does its a good engine if you keep an eye on it. 3.8L V6 Essex is what it should have. It was fords basic V6 in the 90's, they had a better version, the Cologne I think. The ford 3.8L can't take a turbo, not the new ones, the 80's ones could though. So could the 80's 3.8L V6 that GM used, which became the 3800. Man I'm surprised how much of this useless crap I know... Oh, be warned, I'm not sure about the '92's, but the '95's like Elaina's have an issue with the turn signal covers and crap falling off. She shut the hood of the Thunderbird hood after jumpstarting her cousin's car and the stupid front left turn signal lens fell off. Casey, her fiancee, my brother, stuck it back on with liquid nails. This is Elaina's Thunderbird:

http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g139/Dead-Reckon/1995%20ford%20thunderbird/

Oh, I do know for a fact that your car has the cheap Japanese clearcoat on the paint, have fun with that because it'll end up looking like hers if you don't wash and wax it every other week. Ford got the crap from whoever Mazda gets it from in Japan. I don't know if the people that design that crap in japan live in some climate controlled bubble, but that clearcoat is junk. Its even on Chrysler's 'cause of there ties to Mitsubishi. Again, I'm surprising myself with how much of this useless crap I know.

macdad-

Expert

« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2009, 06:40:46 PM »
    Don't remember the specs on it exactly(my grandparents are using it for now)

But i think it was a 3.8L
    If you dont know DOS, you dont know Windows...

Thats why Bill Gates created the Windows NT Family.

Dead Reckon

« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2009, 01:28:27 PM »
    they only had the 3.8L V6 and the 4.6L V8, if its a base model its probably just got the V6, if its an LX it could have the 4.6L V8. Alteast I think it was the 4.6... That modular engine has been ford's "car" V8 for a long time, the police even use 'em in the ford P71's (Crown Victoria's), but the transmission they pair with 'em sucks, any P71 from about 2003-present is limited to 110-130MPH because the tranny can't hold up.