Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: raba.exe  (Read 3395 times)

durain

raba.exe
« on: April 22, 2005, 02:43:23 PM »
I keep havind a screen come up so that I can block or give access to raba.exe I have deleted this file but it keeps coming back up. Where is raba.exe comming from and do I let it open up my computer?

Sidewinder

Guru

• Experience: Familiar
Re: raba.exe
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 04:04:17 PM »
I searched all over for this and found nothing. Can you give us some more information?

Get back to us.  8)
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.

-- Albert Einstein

Tiffany Kennedy

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 07:21:21 AM »
 ::) Ok Guys this raba.exe is a file that is used by windows. It is located in the prefetch folder. The Prefetch folder is used by Windows XP to speed the boot process. Windows XP records information about each program that launches at boot and uses that information to boot faster the next time. Because multiple files might have the same name, it appends a "hash" of the file's location. That's the odd string of numbers and letters between the filename and the .pf extension.

This folder may accumulate useless junk, especially if you change your configuration a lot. There's no harm in emptying it. Simply delete all the files in that folder; Windows will rebuild it as needed.

Hope that answers you questions! Good luck Tiffany

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 02:24:04 PM »
    Care to share where you found this raba.exe info Tiffany?  ???