Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My First Time Here And A Question About Audio On My Website  (Read 3023 times)

twangsthethang

My First Time Here And A Question About Audio On My Website
« on: February 24, 2009, 09:02:38 PM »
Hello all,
A great site! I came across this site while searching for an answer to the question I am about to ask. 
I am creating a website, for an online radio show.  The show will be prerecorded and uploaded to the site.  In my testing, so far, I have uploaded the mp3 file and linked it on the webpage with text.  In Firefox and Chrome, when I click on the text, Quicktime pops up and almost immediately begins playing the file.  However, when testing with Explorer, it does not play, but rather wants to download the file to the computer, first. 
My question is how can I get it to play on Explorer in the same way that it does on Firefox and Chrome? 
Thanks for your help,
mike

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: My First Time Here And A Question About Audio On My Website
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 09:40:14 AM »
Unfortunately, there is no way to get it to definitely work.

Quicktime is an external browser addon, available for free download here: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

It probably doesn't work for you in IE because Quicktime isn't installed.

For other people viewing your site, you'll have to just add a link to download Quicktime.

squall_01

Prodigy

Re: My First Time Here And A Question About Audio On My Website
    « Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 01:59:11 PM »
    you could put a player in it and have the person visting it set it off when they want to hear the song.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres