Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: microsoft picture it need help please!!  (Read 2068 times)

jelo

microsoft picture it need help please!!
« on: March 03, 2009, 07:12:58 AM »
Hi,  I have microsoft picture it that a friend had made a copy of for me(just being honest) that I used on my previous pc with win98se.  It worked, but with issues, her original didn't give her any trouble.
I now have a new pc with win xp and installed the picture it.  The problems have increased to the point that I can't even print anything as the software just freezes up.  I use this program for my home-based child care business and really like it.  I also have Printhouse, but I couldn't import pics from online etc...so I didn't like it as much.  I have also used Adobe, but found it kind of complicated compared to the ease of use with Picture it.
Can anyone tell me how I can fix this problem?  And if it can't is there another program that someone could recommend to be like it?  I don't think Microsoft is making picture it anymore??

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: microsoft picture it need help please!!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 08:01:35 AM »
Correct...
Microsoft stopped support of it around 3 years ago...
Here  is a security patch for it released awhile ago that may get it running again but no guarantees. Just DLoad the patch to the Desktop and run it from there...re-boot before trying Picture it.

A few other image apps that are FREE would be Irfanview and Gimp.
Best of Luck.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "