Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can anyone tell me where to get ASUS P4SC-E motherboard drivers from?  (Read 11155 times)

Baffled

Topic Starter

Beginner

Hi,
    We have a number of old ASUS PCs with P4SC-E motherboards lying about. They came with Windows 2000 Professional pre-installed. I am now upgrading them to Windows xp Professional. However, two of the devices have no drivers. These are the Video Controller (VGA Compatible) and the C-Media AC97 Audio Device.

I have looked on the ASUS website but it denies all knowledge of the existence of a motherboard by that name. I have written an e-mail to them and am hoping that they will be able to point me in the right direction. However, they have indicated that they will take a few days to reply to me at all.

So, I was wondering if anyone has any idea as to where I can get xp drivers for these devices?

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Can anyone tell me where to get ASUS P4SC-E motherboard drivers from?
    « Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 01:02:37 PM »
    Googling P4SC-E, leads me to Supermicro page: http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/P4/E7210/P4SCE.cfm

Baffled

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 07:34:27 AM »
      Yeah, it did for me too. Sadly, the motherboard looks vastly different to the ones in these PCs. I can only conclude that Supermicro's motherboard has the same name as the ones I've got.

Anyway, ASUS have denied all knowledge of this motherboard ever being one of theirs.

I have, however, now found the driver on SiS's website. For the inquisitive among us it was the SiS650 and SiS740 IGP driver.

8) 8) 8) ;D :D :D ;D ;D 8) 8)

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 08:09:34 AM »
      ASUS sometimes denies the existence of their whitebox lines of MBoards...these are MBoards manuf. for secondary machine builders...
      Unfortunately it makes tracking drivers a bit challenging as you have found out.
      Good Work.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Kaunas

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 10:28:13 PM »
      Well, your mobo has nothing to do with Supermicro mobo. Most likely your ASUS computers are barebones like mine. Look up for the model name on the back of the case (mine is Terminator P4 533). You will find all the drivers and manual on ASUS website, just ignore the mobo model name - you need drivers for barebones. Good luck.