Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unable to delete computer program  (Read 4259 times)

steve1950

Unable to delete computer program
« on: March 03, 2009, 10:22:22 AM »
Hello,

I have Windows XP on my Dell computer.  I use Hughes Net Satellite Internet service.

I recently downloaded their Hughes Net Tools progam because it allows to check for problems and provides other useful information.

However, this program is apparently causing some kind of problem with my computer. I can't access the program, can't delete it from my computer, and now it takes multiple attempts to start my computer after it has been turned off. When I downloaded the program, my computer seemed liked it was in a continous download mode until I turned it off.

Now when I try to turn my computer on, I get to the Dell bluescreen with all my icons. However, I am unable to click on any of them as the computer is frozen.  When I move the cursor off screen, I see the hour glass.

I also will see a message that new programs have been installed near the start button.

The Hughes Net Tools icon appears in my start up tray, too.

Then I have to control alt delete to get to Task Manager and shut down the computer.  I may get two messages that go something like, "stntry" and "explr" not responding. Need to close or cancel which I do.  I have to do this multiple times before the computer will finally be usable.

When I try to delete the Hughes Net Tools progarm using the unintall feature by clicking on "change/remove",  I get a black screen with the file pathway coding listed on two lines.  Looks like an "exe" type file. There is no box for deleting this.  Then I click out of this and the original uninstall screen is locked and I have to exit by right clicking my mouse.

Can someone provide some guidance on how to remove this program from my computer since the "uninstall feature" does not appear to apply?

I will greatly appreciate any assistance. Thanks.

harry 48

Egghead

• lay back , relax and chill out
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Dribbling Pensioner
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Unable to delete computer program
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 03:30:42 PM »
download " unlocker " , right click the prog; click unlocker and delete