Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sapphire Radeon HD 3650 Driver issues  (Read 13202 times)

HappyHoggy

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Sapphire Radeon HD 3650 Driver issues
    « on: March 09, 2009, 06:53:50 AM »
    Greetings,

Will start with system specs (will run Everest when I get home, at work now):

Windows XP Home SP3
    MB - MSI K8T Neo2 v2.0
    1BG RAM
    AMD Athalon 64X2 Dual Core 3600+ 2.0Ghz
    SB Audigy 2
    550W PSU

and the problem child, Sapphire Radeon HD 3650 AGP

So here is the problem. My old video card was on the verge of departing the world of the living, so decided to upgrade it before it died. Since I am too cheap to upgrade MB to PCI-E, went with Radeon 3650 HD. I went ahead and downloaded the most up to date drivers (not including Catalyst Control Center as I despise it) so they would be ready for installation.

Card gets here, I uninstall old drivers, pop old card out, pop new card in, turn machine on, go to install drivers, and nothing. Get it unpacked, starts the installation process, and then No drivers for your hardware found, stopping installation. So I go back and check and check again that I have the right drivers, and they are the same from both ATI and Sapphire, the most up to date drivers for that series. I think to myself maybe need to install the drivers that came with it, so do that, and they install, but not without whining about not being windows certified (not sure if that is pertinent or not). I then tried to update the drivers to most current version, same result, no drivers for your hardware. 

Normally if drivers are working, I won’t bother updating, however now I am getting random BSOD's with stock drivers. I am a big WoW addict, happens most often when I alt+tab out to find something, and stack dump with WIN32k.sys error with page file error. I have also gotten an ATI3duag.dll error as well with BSOD.

I know this is probably a driver issue, however have yet to find a solution, so I am hoping that those of you who are much smarter than me can help. Sorry for the length, but wanted to make sure you had all the info, and I am still probably missing some important bit. Thanks in advance!

HappyHoggy

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Re: Sapphire Radeon HD 3650 Driver issues
      « Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 05:38:32 PM »
      In case anyone needs to see..  here is the Everest report. Not sure why video card is showing up twice, perhaps that is the issue?

Version                                           EVEREST v2.20.405
          Homepage                                      http://www.lavalys.com/
          Report Type                                    Report Wizard
          Computer                                       HOGGYANDFLOSSY
          Generator                                       Hoggy
          Operating System                           Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600 (WinXP Retail)
          Date                                               2009-03-09
          Time                                               19:32

--------[ Summary ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer:
            Operating System                         Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
            OS Service Pack                            Service Pack 3
            DirectX                                          4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
            Computer Name                            HOGGYANDFLOSSY
            User Name                                    Hoggy

Motherboard:
            CPU Type                                       DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2000 MHz (10 x 200) 3800+
            Motherboard Name                       MSI K8MM-V (MS-7142)  (3 PCI, 1 AGP, 2 DDR DIMM, Audio, Video, LAN)
            Motherboard Chipset                    VIA K8T800Pro, AMD Hammer
            System Memory                             1024 MB  (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
            BIOS Type                                     Award (10/12/06)
            Communication Port                      Communications Port (COM1)
            Communication Port                                Communications Port (COM2)
            Communication Port                                Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:
            Video Adapter                                     ATI Radeon HD 3650 AGP  (512 MB)
            Video Adapter                                     ATI Radeon HD 3650 AGP  (512 MB)

Multimedia:
            Audio Adapter                                     Creative Audigy 2 LS Sound Card

Storage:
            IDE Controller                                    VIA Bus Master IDE Controller - 0571
            IDE Controller                                    VIA Serial ATA Controller - 3149
            Floppy Drive                                      Floppy disk drive
            Disk Drive                                        ST3160811AS  (149 GB, IDE)
            Optical Drive                                     E-IDE CD-ROM 52X/AKH  (52x CD-ROM)
            Optical Drive                                     HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8163B  (16x/52x DVD-ROM)
            SMART Hard Disks Status                           OK

Partitions:
            C: (NTFS)                                         131030 MB (80122 MB free)

Input:
            Keyboard                                          HID Keyboard Device
            Mouse                                             HID-compliant mouse

Network:
            Network Adapter                                   Realtek RTL8169/8110 Family Gigabit Ethernet NIC  (192.168.1.64)

Peripherals:
            Printer                                           Lexmark 2400 Series
            Printer                                           LexmarkFax
            Printer                                           Microsoft XPS Document Writer
            USB1 Controller                                   VIA VT83C572 PCI-USB Controller
            USB1 Controller                                   VIA VT83C572 PCI-USB Controller
            USB2 Controller                                   VIA USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller
            USB Device                                        USB Human Interface Device
            USB Device                                        USB Human Interface Device

--------[ DMI ]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ BIOS ]

BIOS Properties:
            Vendor                                            Phoenix Technologies, LTD
            Version                                           V3.6
            Release Date                                      10/12/2006
            Size                                              512 KB
            Boot Devices                                      Floppy Disk, Hard Disk, CD-ROM, ATAPI ZIP, LS-120
            Capabilities                                      Flash BIOS, Shadow BIOS, Selectable Boot, EDD, BBS
            Supported Standards                               DMI, APM, ACPI, PnP
            Expansion Capabilities                            ISA, PCI, AGP, USB

[ System ]

System Properties:
            Manufacturer                                      MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
            Product                                           MS-7094
            Version                                           1.00
            Wake-Up Type                                      Power Switch

HappyHoggy

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 08:47:52 AM »
        Might as well close this, never got an answer. Thanks

147ndi

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 05:47:11 AM »
        Try to put a search in for 'catalyst agp hotfix' on the Amd update web site. You can get the 9.8 hotfix drivers through this method.
        Use the ATI uninstall tool in the ADD/REMOVE to get rid of the old driver then reboot and install the hotfix.
        When you install the new driver you will have to click on 'continue' when prompted to do so and the updated driver will then install.

ThomasTheXPUser

Hopeful

• Remember me? :-)
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • ThomasTheXPUser
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 03:40:19 PM »
        Try to put a search in for 'catalyst agp hotfix' on the Amd update web site. You can get the 9.8 hotfix drivers through this method.
        Use the ATI uninstall tool in the ADD/REMOVE to get rid of the old driver then reboot and install the hotfix.
        When you install the new driver you will have to click on 'continue' when prompted to do so and the updated driver will then install.

um, the last post was in March

BSOD image source : ToastyTech IE is evil page
        Can't sleep! Clowns will eat me!
        There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary code and those who do not.