Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Monitor "No Signal"  (Read 7771 times)

yahoowizard

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Monitor "No Signal"
    « Reply #15 on: December 06, 2008, 04:29:15 PM »
    Yeah, I tried it out, there was only the CPU, RAM(tried once with, the other without), power supply, heatsink, and power switch connected to the motherboard, but there was no success...

killerb255

Adviser
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #16 on: December 06, 2008, 10:53:43 PM »
      Yeah, I tried it out, there was only the CPU, RAM(tried once with, the other without), power supply, heatsink, and power switch connected to the motherboard, but there was no success...

With the above in consideration, my vote goes to the motherboard as well, assuming all of the following are true:

1) Same monitor, different computer = working monitor.
      2) Different monitor on this new computer = no picture.
      3) No video card, only onboard video during conditions #1 and #2 above = no picture.
      4) Same video card in different computer = working video card and monitor.
      5) Different video card in this new computer, repeat conditions #1 and #2 = no picture.
      6) Different power supply in this new computer, repeat conditions #1-#5.

It can't be anything else at that point.  Time for an RMA.
      Quote from: talontromper
      Part of the problem is most people don't generally deal with computer problems. So for most they think that close enough is good enough.

rebel214

Beginner
      • They call me the "rebel"...
        « Reply #17 on: December 09, 2008, 10:35:50 PM »

Did you try replacing RAM module from a known working unit?

Try replacing RAM and power on the system with the PSU, power switch, RAM module and Processor installed on the motherboard. Attached your monitor on the onboard video at the motherboard...See if this works......... :-\

Everything has it's own place, in proper time...

yahoowizard

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2008, 07:37:07 PM »

Try replacing RAM and power on the system with the PSU, power switch, RAM module and Processor installed on the motherboard. Attached your monitor on the onboard video at the motherboard...See if this works......... :-\

Sorry, didn't understand that completely...

Kurtiskain

Mentor

• Yes
            • Yes
            • Yes
          • Certifications: List
          • Computer: Specs
          « Reply #19 on: December 30, 2008, 03:08:14 PM »

Sorry, didn't understand that completely...

They are saying to try known working ram and PSU in your computer to test for faults in the components other than motherboard.

What stumps me is usually when you plug a monitor in a port is normally switches to standby mode...

Can I ask a silly question?
          I'm going to anyway... :P
          You said it never worked, right? do you by chance not have the 4-pin 12V connector plugged in?  ;D Happened to me a few days ago...got so confused until I saw it hanging there :)

Anyway if that doesn't help it's time to return to shop for replacement(s)

yahoowizard

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2009, 01:12:14 PM »
            I got it connected, at first during the first hour, I did forget, but now I do have it in, now two months later.

Kurtiskain

Mentor

• Yes
              • Yes
              • Yes
            « Reply #21 on: January 30, 2009, 05:17:26 PM »
            So it is fixed now? or still the same problem?

yahoowizard

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2009, 08:35:25 PM »
              Alright, I got fixed and all. After like months, I figured out the problem was with....the power switch in the case. Not common, so never found the problem for the first three months. Tried jumpstarting with a screwdriver on the pins, and it boots up like normal. Got a new case, new 22 inch monitor, Win 7 on it, and all's running pretty awesome.

Kurtiskain

Mentor

• Yes
                • Yes
                • Yes
              « Reply #23 on: March 09, 2009, 09:24:12 PM »
              Alright, I got fixed and all. After like months, I figured out the problem was with....the power switch in the case. Not common, so never found the problem for the first three months. Tried jumpstarting with a screwdriver on the pins, and it boots up like normal. Got a new case, new 22 inch monitor, Win 7 on it, and all's running pretty awesome.

Good to know it's up and running!  :)

Windows 7 is kinda neat isn't it? I went from XP to Windows 7 so at first I was like ugh this sucks...but now it has grown on me  ;D