Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My computer's administrator is gone!! Don't understand enough about Networking!  (Read 2222 times)

nhchap

Topic Starter

Rookie

I have two desktop computers in my home.  Basically one for the kids and one for  the adults.  However, things have changed and I am the only one using the computers.  The computer's administrator can't help me and now I'm having issues with the computer.  I can't access some files, some websites, some mail accounts and I have "lost"  ALL of the Internet connections that we on both computers sometime last fall.  I have been working on cleaning up both desktops and digging out viruses and spywhere with someone on this site.  I'm about clean on both and wanted to know if you can help me understand the Network configuration of my machines and whether or not they are networked  together? Or were they?  Do I want them to be?  Can I 'find' all the "hidden files" and make them visible again or delete them?  In order for you to work with me on this I will post more information on each machine.  Tell me if you can help and what I need to do. 

[attachment deleted by admin]