Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Asus Laptop  (Read 5814 times)

squall_01

Prodigy

Re: Asus Laptop
    « Reply #15 on: March 11, 2009, 01:34:02 PM »
    I understand that, just thought he may have tried something or such, attempting a lot of differnt things so sorry
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

computeruler

Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #16 on: March 11, 2009, 01:34:53 PM »
    Why would he have tried a repair install  ??? ??? You confuse me

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2009, 01:37:16 PM »
      thought he got the drive fixed multi threads and post installs and tests an such.....  at the moment is what I am doing so if I got lost sorry....  :-\
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

Kurtiskain

Mentor

• Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #18 on: March 11, 2009, 02:18:28 PM »
      What Squall meant was using the Vista installation Repair function...

That Drive name seems familiar, can you perhaps 'hot swap' this drive?
      I.e remove it, replace it without shutting down?

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2009, 03:48:23 PM »
        to my knowdlge only usb is.  That is correct.

Kurtiskain

Mentor

• Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #20 on: March 11, 2009, 03:51:57 PM »
        Not true :)

I have had two laptops now, that had a switch similar to the PCMCIA cards, that allowed you to remove the DVD Rom drive while you were using the laptop, and then replace it whenever you liked.

skyblue

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2009, 01:51:52 PM »
        Ok sorted nothing spectacular
        Even though the optical drive wasn't in my computer and it wouldn't play disks,
        I tried a few things after googling ,i went for the recovery cd that came with the computer,
        and for reasons i don't know it worked '
        The asus have a recovery disk that is exclusively to them
        Insert disk and reboot pressing F9 and it installs giving 3 different options of reinstall i went for the first
        skyblue

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2009, 02:02:26 PM »
          so it is working then?

skyblue

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2009, 02:27:23 PM »
          Yes thanks
          skyblue

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2009, 02:31:50 PM »
            good to hear that