Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Unable to DELETE inbox emails  (Read 2597 times)

MsCook

Topic Starter

Starter

Unable to DELETE inbox emails
    « on: March 10, 2009, 08:42:55 PM »
    For the last week I have not been able to delete emails from my INBOX.  I need probale causes and fixit suggestions..

GlitchPC

Re: Unable to DELETE inbox emails
    « Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 08:56:11 PM »
    Would probably help if we knew what e-mail client you use...

MsCook

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 10:47:38 PM »
      DUH>>>>>> :o
      Outlook Express

GlitchPC

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 08:29:48 AM »
      MsCook,

One of the causes this may have happened could be due to a corrupt Inbox folder.  How it became corrupt, may be hard to determine, since it could be related to damaged files, or a malware infection.

The following can be used as a remedy...please let us know if it works.  Note:  Make sure you save any e-mail you want to save before performing the below procedure.

It will create a new Inbox folder...replacing your old one.

The following came from TechGuy.org...

Try this:

1.  Open OE and save or move any messages you want in the Inbox.

2.  Click on Tools>Options>Maintenance tab>Store Folder.

3.  On the Store Location box, highlight the address by pressing the Tab key on your keyboard.

4.  Press Control+C (both at the same time) to copy the address to the clipboard.

5.  Click Cancel on all boxes and close OE.

6.  Click on Start>Run.

7.  Press Control+V (both at the same time) to paste the address into the command line and click OK.  The store folder containing all the DBX files should open.  Find the one named Inbox and delete it. When you next open OE a new Inbox will be created and hopefully that will solve the problem.

Keep us posted...

MsCook

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 07:23:11 PM »
        Thanks again for your help! I followed your instructions carefully and all the emails were moved from the INBOX, however, now the ones I selected to keep in the new folder cannot be deleted, also...I went to my sent emails and can't delete them either. My Inbox is EMPTY. But I still cannot get rid of unwanted emails from my sent file or the new folder...

GlitchPC

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 07:45:51 PM »
        MsCook...

Okay...since that didn't work...let's try another route.  Please follow the directions from Microsoft listed here:  http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/oerepair.mspx

Please...keep us posted...