Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: another day another computer problem  (Read 2896 times)

astahl530

another day another computer problem
« on: March 12, 2009, 10:35:34 PM »
I know that most of computer problems are caused by the user. I seem to be having a ton of trouble keeping out of trouble on my computers. So here is the problem, I have windows vista home premium and have a toshiba laptop. The problem is my browser. When i try and download something it only goes a quarter to halfway and then stops. I also am having trouble when i click on a link getting to that link. When I click on the link the computer doesnt want to go to that page i just get a blank screen on my web browser. I have norton 2009 antivirus and have run ad-aware se personal as well as easy cleaner. I am on an unsecured network...I know, I know I shouldnt be but I can never get to the main computer to set up the new router. So guys whats my problem why all this downloading trouble with every computer I have had??? I know it is something I am doing and I hope this is enough info. THANKS!!

pcwizard

Hopeful

• A computer is for life, not just gaming!!
    Re: another day another computer problem
    « Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 06:35:30 AM »
    You say you've had this on every machine? So it's not just a single instance on that one computer?

Why can't you get access to the router?
    A computer is for life....not just gaming!!

astahl530

Re: another day another computer problem
    « Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 10:08:30 AM »
    yes its not just a single instance, i could probably get access to the router this weekend. Its in my room mates room and she is really crabby when i go in there and mess with things even though its my router and computer. The last computer it happened on was a desktop that had XP it was a compaq. I am very confused and hope you can help me.