Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: W32/Sdbot.worm.gen.g on Windows XP  (Read 2885 times)

Jenbug

Topic Starter

W32/Sdbot.worm.gen.g on Windows XP
    « on: March 11, 2009, 10:59:41 AM »
    So I got this nice little virus this afternoon and Spybot S&D and McAfee managed to supposedly delete the files concerned with it.
    But the original file that contained the virus was still on my system and if tried to delete would just open up the virus all over again, Joy.

Now I already shut down my system restore before anything else.
    Then I closed all programs incase it was holding onto anything.

Then the bad move....I shut down my computer, usually a good idea this time not so much.

Now when I restart my machine for some reason all that will start is WinRAR and it opens up with the folder that contains the file which contains the virus. No windows interface....nothing.

So I'm now at a loss. Basically at the moment I am running programs by going through WinRAR to the specific folder and getting it to run that way.

I can get CTRL, ALT, DELETE to work so can view all tasks and can't see anything too out of the blue on my processses list.

Any advice? Since right now I'm seeing my only option to be to reformat my whole computer but it seems like this should be easier to sort?

pcwizard

Hopeful

• A computer is for life, not just gaming!!
      Re: W32/Sdbot.worm.gen.g on Windows XP
      « Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 01:31:40 PM »
      Can you reboot into safe mode and try accessing the file to delete it?
      A computer is for life....not just gaming!!

Jenbug

Topic Starter

Re: W32/Sdbot.worm.gen.g on Windows XP
        « Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 06:15:32 PM »
        No I couldn't because it was asking me for my password in safe mode but my keyboard was disabled somehow.
        Either way I decided to just reformat my machine lol I had enough of it lol.