Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My computer will not play videos...says I need program that I already have  (Read 3105 times)

bigdave59

I keep trying to play videos..(i.e., Youtube, Yahoo, MTV, etc) When I try to play them, I keep getting a message telling me I need to either enable Java Script(already have), and also download newest version of Flash Player(already have) but I still get that message everytime I try to watch. Why is my computer doing this? What do I need to do to correct this? Any help would be very, very appreciated!

-Dave ???

reddevilggg

Expert

• Experience: Beginner

What browser are you using?

do you have any add-ons like 'No-script' installed on your browser?

When did you install Java and Flash?
11 cheers for binary !

JJ 3000

Egghead
  • Experience: Familiar
Did it ever work? Did you make any changes prior to the problem?

List as much about your computer as possible. This includes operating system (what version of Windows you are using), service packs, computer make/model, RAM, hard drive, sound and video cards, current adware/spyware/virus programs being used on a regular basis, do you have a "real" Windows CD, etc.
Save a Life!
Adopt a homeless pet.
http://www.petfinder.com/

ericg

Rookie

also download newest version of Flash Player(already have) but I still get that message everytime I try to watch.
    Try to un-install the software and then re-install it.  Sometimes this helps.