Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Laptop wouldn't turn back on.  (Read 1975 times)

k8erz

Laptop wouldn't turn back on.
« on: March 13, 2009, 03:15:43 AM »
Hi I am new here, I hope you can help me.

I have a Asus M51VR Laptop running Windows Vista also with Norton Internet Security 2009. I have only had my laptop since last December. About a month or so ago, it kept shutting itself down, so I had to send it off to get repaired. They had to replace the hard drive..I can't remember what else.. Anyway today I turned my latpop on and it had a black screen and showed my cursor and my laptop made  like a weird system type noise. I tried pressing alt,ctrl del but it didn't do anything. So I ended up having too turn my laptop off. I then tried to turn it on again and it wouldn't turn back on.I left it for a while and left the battery out for a bit and put it back in and it still wouldn't turn on. I organized for my laptop to be looked at,they were going to pick it up on Monday.. But I decided to take the battery out again and I left it out for about 5 hours or so.Tried to turn it on and it turned on and is normal...The battery was pretty much flat.. But earlier on when I tried to charge it when it was off and wouldn't turn on,it wasn't charging. I don't want to have to send it off again!!What could it be? It wasn't really that hot at all after it wouldn't turn back on, so it wasn't as if it had over heated. I'm hoping it won't happen again but I want to be able to try stop it from happening again?