Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Restoring lost input data (word doc)  (Read 2370 times)

BecksB

Topic Starter

Restoring lost input data (word doc)
    « on: March 13, 2009, 03:38:01 PM »
    My boss has been working on a Microsoft Word document for the past 5 days. She saved the document regularly. She opened the document today, worked for about 3 hours, saved it and when she re-opened the document it was empty.. Completely blank!! I have looked in the recent folder/my documents/searched for any other saved copies but they all come back blank. Is there anyway I can retrieve the work she has done, or restore the document back to this morning because it was fine then. I’m really at a loss to how to retrieve the information she’s typed up.
    I would appreciate any help or advice and thank you for your time reading this. BTW, my appraisal is on 20th March  ;D

-modest-

Re: Restoring lost input data (word doc)
    « Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 03:58:05 PM »
    did you try the recycle bin?

BecksB

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 04:03:10 PM »
      Yeap.. looked in there.. it's not the file that's lost.. it's the input date she's been typing out for days. The file name is saved but when opened it only shows 1 page of 1, which is blank.. I haven't got a clue why it's all gone  ???

-modest-

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 04:15:49 PM »
      do u have administrative privilages to us a recovery third pary recovery software?
      such as pandora?
      if you dont...

i have nothing for you...
      the link is hither....

http://download.cnet.com/Pandora-Recovery/3000-2094_4-10694796.html

if u cant use it i hope someone else can help you.

cuz ive never delt with a word docs programming problems b4.