Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Installed Internet Explorer 8 RC1 and now have problems~  (Read 5146 times)

mcummings36

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Installed Internet Explorer 8 RC1 and now have problems~
    « on: February 27, 2009, 05:15:46 PM »
    Hey all: Just wondering if anyone else is using IE 8 and if they've had any trouble. I have a Dell Dimension 2400 with Windows XP and DSL connection. Since I've downloaded IE 8, it doesn't open all the way when I first click on my desktop icon. The screen opens up but parts of my homepage and toolbar, etc...are always missing. So I close it and re-open it and it's all there. But I constantly get that annoying pop up box that says something along the lines of "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and has to close" and then gives you those little boxes at the bottom where you can send or not send a report to Microsoft. I always click on don't send, and the box closes, but explorer stays open and I keep doing what I was doing. Can I uninstall this, and then go back and re install it, and if so, how? Thanks!
    You just pushed my jacka*s button...

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Installed Internet Explorer 8 RC1 and now have problems~
    « Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 08:22:56 PM »
    IE8 is still in beta stages, and as such, it shouldn't be played with, unless it's your test computer.
    Uninstall.

flameking

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 08:28:08 AM »
      Broni is rite dont mess with beta, they still a lot of bugs to fix that why let you download so you can tell them if there is any problem with. so when they come with final version, every bugs should be fixed. Plus i dont recommend using IE, use firefox or some other browser. 

mcummings36

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 02:10:18 PM »
        Then they shouldn't be advertising it all over the place and letting just anyone download it. How stupid!!

Broni

Mastermind
          • Computer Help Forum
        « Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 04:50:25 PM »
        They didn't put it on your computer, did they?
        It says beta, doesn't it?

mcummings36

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 02:51:41 AM »
          Is that supposed to mean something to me? Not everyone knows all this stuff, and if you're going to be a jerk, don't reply to my posts.

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • Yes
          • Certifications: List
          • Experience: Expert
          « Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 04:19:00 AM »
          Is that supposed to mean something to me? Not everyone knows all this stuff, and if you're going to be a jerk, don't reply to my posts.

Leave the attitude outside please.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/Internet-explorer/beta/default.aspx

Move your mouse over "What does RC1 mean?"

Release candidate software is at a stage in the development process where it is ready to be evaluated by users while it undergoes final testing.

Internet Explorer 8 RC1 is now platform and feature complete and this is your opportunity to be among the first to try out the new browser before its final release. Install it today and take it for a test drive. We think you'll agree that it's faster, safer, and easier to use than ever. If you don't like it you can easily uninstall it whenever you want. Uninstall instructions can be found at our support page for Internet Explorer 8 RC1.

To ensure your browser is up to date, all RC1 users will be automatically updated with the final version of Internet Explorer 8 via Windows Update so you'll always have the latest version of the browser.

We understand if you feel uncomfortable installing release candidate software. Check this website in the coming months to see when the final version of Internet Explorer 8 is available.

mcummings36

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 08:12:31 AM »
            They didn't put it on your computer, did they?
            It says beta, doesn't it?

You as well, with the attitude. As I said, not everyone knows or has the opportunity to learn everything about computers like the people here. When you make comments like this, it just causes hard feelings, and it's unneccessary.

When I downloaded IE 8 I was unaware it was just a trial run, or whatever. Beta meant and still means nothing to me, no idea what it is, but will read the info you provided in your last post. I just think it's a little mean to reply with sarcastic comments just because someone doesn't know as much as you do.

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
              • Yes
              • Yes
              • Yes
            • Certifications: List
            • Experience: Expert
            « Reply #8 on: March 07, 2009, 08:48:08 AM »
            Well I'm sorry if that's the way you saw my post. I was only giving you information on it.

Broni

Mastermind
              • Computer Help Forum
            « Reply #9 on: March 07, 2009, 09:29:36 AM »
            Experience: Experienced
            Why to post some nonsense in your profile, then?
            I simply assumed, experienced computer user would know what beta is.
            Are you saying, that you're installing programs, left, and right without even thinking what you're installing?

mcummings36

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2009, 09:47:34 AM »
              I didn't even realize it said that, that is wrong, and I didn't put my experience down that way on purpose. No, I don't normally download just anything. I kept getting pop ups and such about Internet Explorer 8, and saw things about it here and there, and I've always done that, you know, when the new version comes out I upgrade, like I believe most people do. I had no clue it was still in a trial stage.
              I am no expert, not at all!! I am always having some sort of computer problem because I don't know as much as I should. Thank god for people like you here on Computerhope, because I'd never have my computer working correctly with this site! :) I will change that on my profile.

Broni

Mastermind
                • Computer Help Forum
              « Reply #11 on: March 07, 2009, 11:17:40 AM »
              No harm done. It simply misled me, so I replied the way, I did.
              I apologize, then :)

BKDC

Rookie

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2009, 04:49:40 PM »
                Back to the subject 
                quote  mcummings36 "Hey all: Just wondering if anyone else is using IE 8 and if they've had any trouble."

I installed IE8-RC1 (release candidate ) about about a month ago and have had zero problems. In fact I made it my default browser on one of my XP desktops replacing FF-3.  The final release date is suppose to be sometime in July, ??? when that happens I will most likely install it on my other 4 XP boxes.

I'm not saying it is for everybody but I like it & prefer it over FF.  My experience is that FF doesn't always play well with XP however it is the greatest in my Linux environment.
                I always like to play & try new apps, its my way of learning.
                When we are young, we learn. When we get old, we understand.

mcummings36

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2009, 11:05:21 PM »
                  Cool, thanks for the info. I'm actually thinking the problems I had were with my computer and most likely had nothing to do with IE 8. That's my luck!!  :)

m_260

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2009, 10:14:31 PM »
                  I wondered, I never had problem with firefox. But IE8 looks a bit better than IE7 and "seems" to load webpages faster, at least you're seeing more stuff coming out rather than having to wait at times. But that's just my feeling.