Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Game mutes  (Read 5840 times)

Josh64

Topic Starter

Rookie

Game mutes
    « on: March 14, 2009, 06:45:53 PM »
    I have a game called Wings over Europe that I recently installed on my new computer a Toshiba s6916 with Windows Vista Home Premium. I was playing it yesterday and about five minutes into the game the volume suddenly muted, and the game minimized as the volume controls opened. I didn't do anything that would have opened or muted the volume, so I'm not sure why it happened. So I just unmuted it and maximized the game back, then about five minutes later it happened again, and again. I am not sure what the cause of this is, I was using my sister's HP with vista to play the game in the past, so I know it's not a Vista problem. But obviously either I or the computer did something wrong. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks Alot

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Game mutes
    « Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 07:58:33 PM »
    Strange.....
    I assume you have restarted the computer?

When did this start?

Does it happen with call games?

Does your computer have any touch-buttons that you may have hit accidentally to mute the volume?

Josh64

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 01:11:16 PM »
      Well I actually restarted the computer twice, with no results

This happened right when I installed the game and played it for the first time on this computer

I'm not sure if all games would do this, so far I've only played wings over europe

The computer does have touch buttons, but they are in the back below the monitor, and I know I didn't touch them, plus it happens every five minutes.

Thanks

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 01:40:40 AM »
      Try other games and see if they have the same problem.

When you say five minutes, five minutes on the dot?

Josh64

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 03:25:01 PM »
        Well games on the internet such as those on addictinggames.com don't have this problem I just found out, I currently only have just Wings over europe as a software computer game

Around every five minutes, not exactly on the dot, but it does it twice usually over a ten minute period, about equally spaced out.

Thanks

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
        « Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 06:52:32 PM »
        I have no idea what the problem may be.....

You may want to try reinstalling the game.

Otherwise, perhaps post a HijackThis Log.
        Click here to download HijackThis.

• Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
        • Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
        • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
        • Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
        • Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
        • Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
        • At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
        • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in Notepad.
        • Click on Edit > Select All then click on Edit > Copy to copy the entire contents of the log.
        • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
        • DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or required by the system.

Josh64

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 11:12:35 PM »
          Well Thanks for all your help

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
            • Yes
            • Yes
            • Yes
          « Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 07:50:19 AM »
          Ummmm....Okay.....Now what? ???

Josh64

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2009, 11:32:05 AM »
            Yeah sorry I was busy yesterday but here it is

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
            Scan saved at 11:29:18 AM, on 3/18/2009
            Platform: Windows Vista SP1 (WinNT 6.00.1905)
            MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6001.18000)
            Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
            C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
            C:\Program Files (x86)\TomTom HOME 2\HOMERunner.exe
            C:\Program Files (x86)\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\ItSecMng.exe
            C:\Program Files (x86)\Toshiba\ConfigFree\NDSTray.exe
            C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunesHelper.exe
            C:\Program Files (x86)\Webroot\WebrootSecurity\SpySweeperUI.exe
            C:\Program Files (x86)\Toshiba\ConfigFree\CFSwMgr.exe
            C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\ieuser.exe
            C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
            C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbarUser.exe
            C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.toshibadirect.com/dpdstart
            R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.comcast.net/
            R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.toshibadirect.com/dpdstart
            R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
            R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
            R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
            R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
            R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
            R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=mcafee&p=%s
            R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
            R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
            F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe
            O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
            O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
            O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
            O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll
            O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.0.926.3450\swg.dll
            O2 - BHO: Google Dictionary Compression sdch - {C84D72FE-E17D-4195-BB24-76C02E2E7C4E} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Toolbar\Component\fastsearch_219B3E1547538286.dll
            O2 - BHO: Ask.com Toolbar BHO - {D4027C7F-154A-4066-A1AD-4243D8127440} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Ask.com\GenericAskToolbar.dll
            O3 - Toolbar: &Google Toolbar - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar.dll
            O3 - Toolbar: Ask.com Toolbar - {D4027C7F-154A-4066-A1AD-4243D8127440} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Ask.com\GenericAskToolbar.dll
            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ITSecMng] "C:\Program Files (x86)\TOSHIBA\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\ItSecMng.exe" /START
            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NDSTray.exe] NDSTray.exe
            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [cfFncEnabler.exe] cfFncEnabler.exe
            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StartCCC] "C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe"
            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATICustomerCare] "C:\Program Files (x86)\ATI\ATICustomerCare\ATICustomerCare.exe"
            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AppleSyncNotifier] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleSyncNotifier.exe"
            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunesHelper.exe"
            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpySweeper] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Webroot\WebrootSecurity\SpySweeperUI.exe" /startintray
            O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe"
            O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Weather] C:\Program Files (x86)\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe 1
            O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] "C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe" /autoRun
            O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
            O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ehTray.exe] "C:\Windows\ehome\ehTray.exe"
            O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [TomTomHOME.exe] "C:\Program Files (x86)\TomTom HOME 2\HOMERunner.exe"
            O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [toscdspd] TOSCDSPD.EXE
            O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
            O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
            O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
            O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
            O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.6.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
            O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~1\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
            O13 - Gopher Prefix:
            O23 - Service: Agere Modem Call Progress Audio (AgereModemAudio) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\agr64svc.exe (file missing)
            O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Alg.exe,-112 (ALG) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\alg.exe (file missing)
            O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
            O23 - Service: Ati External Event Utility - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\Ati2evxx.exe (file missing)
            O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
            O23 - Service: ConfigFree Gadget Service - TOSHIBA CORPORATION - C:\Program Files (x86)\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFProcSRVC.exe
            O23 - Service: ConfigFree Service - TOSHIBA CORPORATION - C:\Program Files (x86)\TOSHIBA\ConfigFree\CFSvcs.exe
            O23 - Service: @dfsrres.dll,-101 (DFSR) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\DFSR.exe (file missing)
            O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Event Log (EvtEng) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\EvtEng.exe
            O23 - Service: GameConsoleService - WildTangent, Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\TOSHIBA Games\TOSHIBA Game Console\GameConsoleService.exe
            O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate1c9994af3aa8a63) (gupdate1c9994af3aa8a63) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
            O23 - Service: Google Software Updater (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
            O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1150\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
            O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
            O23 - Service: @keyiso.dll,-100 (KeyIso) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
            O23 - Service: @comres.dll,-2797 (MSDTC) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\msdtc.exe (file missing)
            O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\System32\netlogon.dll,-102 (Netlogon) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
            O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\psbase.dll,-300 (ProtectedStorage) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
            O23 - Service: Intel® PROSet/Wireless Registry Service (RegSrvc) - Intel(R) Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\RegSrvc.exe
            O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\Locator.exe,-2 (RpcLocator) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\locator.exe (file missing)
            O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\samsrv.dll,-1 (SamSs) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)
            O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\SLsvc.exe,-101 (slsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\SLsvc.exe (file missing)
            O23 - Service: SmartFaceVWatchSrv - Toshiba - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\SmartFaceV\SmartFaceVWatchSrv.exe
            O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\snmptrap.exe,-3 (SNMPTRAP) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\snmptrap.exe (file missing)
            O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\spoolsv.exe,-1 (Spooler) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe (file missing)
            O23 - Service: TMachInfo - TOSHIBA Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Service Station\TMachInfo.exe
            O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Navi Support Service (TNaviSrv) - TOSHIBA Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Toshiba\TOSHIBA DVD PLAYER\TNaviSrv.exe
            O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Optical Disc Drive Service (TODDSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\TODDSrv.exe (file missing)
            O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Power Saver (TosCoSrv) - TOSHIBA Corporation - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Power Saver\TosCoSrv.exe
            O23 - Service: TOSHIBA Bluetooth Service - TOSHIBA CORPORATION - C:\Program Files (x86)\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\TosBtSrv.exe
            O23 - Service: TOSHIBA SMART Log Service - TOSHIBA Corporation - C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\SMARTLogService\TosIPCSrv.exe
            O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\ui0detect.exe,-101 (UI0Detect) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\UI0Detect.exe (file missing)
            O23 - Service: Ulead Burning Helper (UleadBurningHelper) - Ulead Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exe
            O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vds.exe,-100 (vds) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\vds.exe (file missing)
            O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\vssvc.exe,-102 (VSS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\vssvc.exe (file missing)
            O23 - Service: Webroot Spy Sweeper Engine (WebrootSpySweeperService) - Webroot Software, Inc. (www.webroot.com) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Webroot\WebrootSecurity\SpySweeper.exe
            O23 - Service: @%Systemroot%\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe,-110 (wmiApSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbem\WmiApSrv.exe (file missing)
            O23 - Service: @%ProgramFiles%\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe,-101 (WMPNetworkSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe (file missing)
            O23 - Service: Webroot Client Service (WRConsumerService) - Webroot Software, Inc.  - C:\Program Files (x86)\Webroot\WebrootSecurity\WRConsumerService.exe

--
            End of file - 10369

Josh64

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 12:06:54 AM »
              Ummmm....Okay.....Now what? ???

Yeah sorry I just posted everything. Didn't have the chance to post untill this morning

kpac

• Web moderator

• Hacker

• kpac®
                • Yes
                • Yes
                • Yes
              • Computer: Specs
              • Experience: Expert
              « Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 10:26:25 AM »
              HJT won't do much as it is a 64 bit OS.

You have ASK toolbar installed though. This has nothing to do with the problem, but I'd recommend uninstalling anyway.

Seems to be quite a lot of unknown things to me in that log, so....

Read the information posted here: http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html
              Then start a new topic here: http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php?action=post;board=7.0, refer to this topic, and post the three logs.

Good luck. ;)

Josh64

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2009, 08:06:33 PM »
                Well problem solved, a software called errorfix has apparently fixed it, as it has not happened again since I used this software.

Thanks everyone!