Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Are CD files Retrievable?  (Read 1828 times)

Rusty_Dragon_2

Are CD files Retrievable?
« on: March 04, 2006, 02:19:46 PM »
I have a question about CD's. One that may never have been asked, but I will. I transferred my own music from an LP to CD. I put it on a CD-RW disc. However, I accidently deleted some one the contents on the cd. :'( My question is: Is it possible to retrieve anything off of this RW disc, as you would when retrieving files off an empty Hard Drive? :-/

Backdated

Re: Are CD files Retrievable?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 03:31:54 PM »
It's possible, depending on the write method used and if the data hasn't been overwritten. However, I don't know of any useful free/shareware utilities.
How valuable is the data?

Dilbert

• Egghead

• Welcome to ComputerHope!
    Re: Are CD files Retrievable?
    « Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 07:25:29 PM »
    Now, I am not 100% sure the stuff you deleted is actually lost. You can check, methinks, by using Windows Media Player to rip the music onto the hard drive. Even if you can't get all of it, whatever's left at least will go on the hard drive. After you have everything you can get, I suggest erasing the CD-RW and burning the copied files back onto the CD. If none of this works, then you'd have to get it back from the LP again. In fact, that may be necessary to recover the files you deleted.

Just a question: How did you accidentally delete part of the music?

Of course, the above advice won't damage anything further in any way. If it does, my advice is to STEP SLOWLY AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER. (Just kidding. ;))
    "The geek shall inherit the Earth."