Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help svchost.exe problem  (Read 2995 times)

Ces1

Topic Starter

Starter

Help svchost.exe problem
    « on: March 24, 2009, 12:36:27 AM »
    First of all thanks Broni for pointing me in the right  direction.

Ok followed the guide and this is how it went.

Installed AVG  Anti-Virus but I was unable to update it. For some reason It kept telling me my internet conn. wasnt working. Ran a full scan anyway. Found nothing but tracking cookies.

Couldn't find any weird programs installed. So there was nothing  there to unistall.

I have CCleaner intalled already so I ran it.

Moved on to DLing SUPERAnti-Spyware and wouldn't install. Rebooted and tried installing again and nothing.

So moved on to DLing Malewarebytes it installed but it won't run. No matter how many times I click on the icon. Tried the run cmnd and nothing.

Please help.

DOH!! forgot to post last HJT log. Also tried running Kaspersky Online Scanner and still wouldnt run. ???

Ok heres the log:

[attachment deleted by admin]
    « Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 01:17:07 AM by Ces1 »

KingPincer

Intermediate

Re: Help svchost.exe problem
      « Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 03:56:49 AM »
      Try to use  combofix and see if you have unwanted entries in your registry. If so remove them or delete them manually. When finished install registry mechanic and scan your registry for problems if you have just click repair. Maybe this would help you. 

Ces1

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: Help svchost.exe problem
        « Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 09:06:44 AM »
        That seemed to do it. Thank you. :D