Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: a question about my windows xp wont connect  (Read 2490 times)

RealPainter

Topic Starter

• im using my laptop because desktop is down
    a question about my windows xp wont connect
    « on: March 13, 2009, 07:42:36 AM »
    :)hey how are you doing? im trying to figure out why my pc is doing this---> i hit start button, then the windows screen comes on and is trying to load and come on , it never does , then a black screen comes up with a lot of choices on it and tells me to pick one where i want windows to start or how...safe mode or normally or others, ive been thru all that , it didnt help...windows is like stuck and never will come on in....then a light blue screen comes up and flashes off real fast with white writing, then a black screen comes on and says monitor going to sleep...then it goes off and comes back on to the first windows screen and does it all over again....over and over i finally cut it off. I have done a lot of trouble shooting like unplugging the modem...choosing safe mode........... i did get two error messages...they are greek to me, Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_or_EQUAL  and then ..............i kept messing with it.........and got this one............unmountable_Boot_Volume. ...and some text about updates........bla bla bla.....and with each of these i wrote down a bunch of ( 0x89AFFB7,.....................type numbers.. im typing this note to you on my laptop..my desktop is a windows XP 2005----HP Pavillion a1440n...... if that helps.............the desktop is not vista............this laptop is...which dont matter............ what  you think? :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: a question about my windows xp wont connect
    « Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 09:11:23 AM »
    Do you have the Windows XP CD?

You will need to perform a Repair Install: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

RealPainter

Topic Starter

• im using my laptop because desktop is down
      « Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 01:08:04 PM »
       :)ok i just had a new hard drive put in..............that cost me and then i bring it home and my mouse is on the arrow is on the screen and wont move  now what? it worked at his house the pc man's....my computer his mouse, and my mouse is still new.......it was just my pc that got the hard drive any suggestions to help me get back on my pc...so i can re load everything.... :( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(thanks i do appreciate your help

notme

Beginner
        « Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 04:31:21 PM »
        :)ok i just had a new hard drive put in..............that cost me and then i bring it home and my mouse is on the arrow is on the screen and wont move  now what? it worked at his house the pc man's....my computer his mouse, and my mouse is still new.......it was just my pc that got the hard drive any suggestions to help me get back on my pc...so i can re load everything.... :( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(thanks i do appreciate your help

Check the connection and try restarting the computer.