Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Poll

would you use it?

Yes
No
Maybe

Author Topic: ie8 officially out tomorrow  (Read 26329 times)

squall_01

Prodigy

Re: ie8 officially out tomorrow
    « Reply #45 on: May 07, 2009, 11:36:21 AM »
     ::)  it has nothing to do with connection speed.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

jdl

Beginner

« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2009, 11:43:36 AM »
      or that you don't have enough memory and so performance is really not good....

My max memory cap, is 512mb. When I first got his old computer, there were two memory modules, 64 mb and 128 mb. I replaced the 64 mb with a 256mb a few weeks ago, It really improved the performance. I haven't replaced the 128, yet.  Memory at the moment is 384 mb. Is there a minimum memory spec for IE8? that is interesting.

jdl

Beginner

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2009, 11:45:17 AM »
          memory has a little to do with it.  :P
          Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

jdl

Beginner

« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2009, 11:47:29 AM »
            ::)  it has nothing to do with connection speed.

Hi, I was responding to Clarkcj, if you were talking to me? ;)

jdl

Beginner

« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2009, 11:56:48 AM »
              memory has a little to do with it.  :P

I just did a search for minimum specs to run IE8. One place showed 512 mb ram. I'm not running that much, that is a minimum spec. OH well, IE7 works fine. thanks

x2543

« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2009, 12:39:09 PM »
              if you're not even running 512 mb of ram, I really doubt how well your computer performance actually is. I consider most computer to need at least 512mb of ram at minimum to be anywhere good.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2009, 05:00:19 PM »
                thats the min you need to run xp.

computeruler

Egghead

• Yes
                  • Yes
                • Experience: Experienced
                « Reply #53 on: May 07, 2009, 05:28:00 PM »
                My friend ran xp on a computer with 64 or 128 or something.  According to microsoft it will run on 64 but 128 is recommended.  VERY slow though

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2009, 06:11:54 PM »
                  go figure.

x2543

« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2009, 09:50:42 PM »
                  Yes my dad had an old dell laptop, which was a very good laptop at that time, it has only 64mb of memory, it runs xp without hitches but it wouldn't have done much more than emailing, word processing, playing music, surfing internet and playing games that are built into windows by microsoft.

BatchFileBasics

Hopeful

« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2009, 10:42:23 PM »
                    maybe. ill try it i guess, wasn't to excited about ie7 so idk.
                    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace - Jimi Hendrix.

x2543

« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2009, 11:13:35 PM »
                    maybe. ill try it i guess, wasn't to excited about ie7 so idk.

but in any case, even if you hate ie, I'd still keep the pc updated with ie8.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2009, 04:09:33 AM »
                      I still wouldnt use 8 so much yet.

jdl

Beginner

« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2009, 05:33:53 AM »
                        thats the min you need to run xp.

My old dell runs XP, 384 mb ram. Speed-wise 1450kbps with chrome, 1320s with IE7 and ff. I don't consider those numbers slow. It does ok with most browsers except IE8.

Yes, I agree, this old computer has seen it's best days, my memory is too low.