Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ICS with a modem  (Read 2263 times)

eyes_only

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

ICS with a modem
    « on: March 19, 2009, 09:35:22 PM »
    ok guys, heres my issue. i recently bought this awesome NEC mobilepro 900, but i dontt yet have a networking interface for it, so i figured i might be able to use my netbook (hooray for eee) as a networking bridge  (using ICS). the only issue is that the MP900 only has a V90 modem jack, and Im unsure of how to set up a connection to where my Mp900 can leech the connection off of my eee.  theres proobably a really simple way of doing this but im not very experienced when it comes to networking.  Im running server 2003 on my eee (for some reason it runs better and faster than xp... though really annoying to configure for desktop use) and CE.net 4.2 on the MP900.  in short, i need to use my eee as a server/host/bridge to allow the MobilePro to connect to it to get the internet connection off of it by using dial-up modems instead of an ad-hoc cat5/wifi connection. any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

oh, and feel free to contact through aim/etc
    Omega was here.