Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Tiscali Adsl Router problem  (Read 2236 times)

rocker1985

Tiscali Adsl Router problem
« on: March 20, 2009, 06:34:10 AM »
Hi All. A friend of mine has screwed up his internet big time and i was wondering if anyone had any words of wisdom.

Basically.

Hes with Tiscali and has an adsl connection. So the other day he buys a wireless router so he can connect it up to xbox live.

He fits it all up...nothing works. So i pop down and see what the problem is. Im pretty good with computers so i thought id give it a shot. No luck.

I looked into his network settings properties and it turns out the adsl modem is in the dial up section. I have a NTL old Modem with virgin and its the most reliable thing ever so i had no idea what to do with this. Also in the network settings for the modem the obtain ip address automatically isnt checked. But we cant check it because it is greyed out.

We were on the administrator account so it isnt a clearance thing.

I was wondering if anyone can help. Is there some sort of restart function for a adsl modem. Mines ethernet and i just turn it off for 30 seconds. Is there anything like that for an adsl one?

Thanks for listening.