Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Won't Load  (Read 3896 times)

rs8389

Won't Load
« on: May 02, 2005, 10:32:47 PM »
Ok, this may seem like a software problem...  But at this point I'm leaning towards believing that it's a hardware problem...  Sorry if I'm wrong =[

Anyways...  My father works as a professional videographer...  He recently got a new editing program from Japan, Canopus EDIUS Pro.  Well, installation went smoothly, and the program was running smoothly.

All the files he was using were stored on the external HDD (Because it has 200GB...  The other HDDs are each about 80).  Then we needed to remove the HDD for a while in order to connect another device.  When we plugged the HDD back in, the files were still there, but could not be loaded.

Well, we figured it was just a bug, and he started over with the editing.  Well, it was night, so he shut down his comp before he went to sleep.  He woke up, turned the computer back on, and then the files could not be openned again...  Problem? Yes.  Solution? No idea.

Ok, so we tried calling Canopus Japan's support hotline, but they won't pickup...  We really need help (Because it involved my dad's job)...

Here are the specs:
CPU - 2.8GHz P4
RAM - 1.5GB Kingston DDR3200
IDE - 1x DVD-ROM, 1x DVD-RW, 2x Internal HDD
DEVICES - USB 6-in-1 Memory reader, 200GB HDD, printer
OS - WXP Pro

rs8389

Re: Won't Load
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 10:43:27 PM »
Can anybody help?

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 12:50:08 PM »
Do you get an error message when trying to load?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Sean

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 06:11:14 PM »
I know that its this way for USB, but don't you have to stop the process' for it before you physically remove it from the system? Did you do this or just disconnect it?

rs8389

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2005, 06:00:48 PM »
Thanks for the replies!  Well, as for error messages...  This was a while back, and I haven't touched my father's computer every since, but I believe it just said that it can't open or something (Well, that's about the closest translation I can think of at the moment)

And yes, I realize that I have to stop the process before physically removing the drive.  Unfortunately, the first time around, I failed to do that.  But the second time it happened....  I just shut down the computer (Which automatically shuts down the process, I believe), and then when I turned it back on, the files were no longer accessible...

Windows98

Apprentice

• Proud user of Windows 98 and Windows 98 SE
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2005, 07:00:39 PM »
For me I install the application on the External Hard Drive and when I save things it will all be located on that external Hard Drive, the thing is Did u reciently add a new device? If you plug something in a diffrent USB port. (Same device) except in a new USB port It can throw things totally out of preportion especially applications