Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I'm Getting Errors In My Internet Explorer?  (Read 3798 times)

Ldr223

Topic Starter

I'm Getting Errors In My Internet Explorer?
    « on: March 23, 2009, 11:46:01 AM »
    Hi, I being getting errors on my nieces computer Internet Explorer it says: The specified module could not be found and I can't go anywhere on Internet Explorer at all. I check the internet connection is fine but I can't find Internet Explorer on my add and remove programs too. The computer is a DELL OPTIPLEX GX270 P4 3.0GHz 1024MB 40GB DVD/CD-RW with windows XP on it too. My two nieces can not go anywhere on the internet at all. Anybody know what to do? I try any suggestions. I also reinstall windows XP too and still get this coming up.

Felix

Rookie
    • Bleh!
      Re: I'm Getting Errors In My Internet Explorer?
      « Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 03:20:49 PM »
      You wont find internet explorer in the add and remove programs simply because Microsoft have integrated it into the operating system, it is unfortunately a part of the desktop.

You could try an alternative browser like firefox from mozilla, but with no way to surf the web from that laptop, downloading it and transferring it over will be a complete pain, I suggest downloading it and burning it onto CD-Rom not a USB pen as that way you can install it off the CD without the dangers of whatever is thats causing you problems transferring itself onto the USB (Just in case its viral.) a free computer CD from down the newsagents with firefox on it might be an even quicker bet!

If it still refuses to work, you may want to consider trying a Linux live boot CD and boot the computer off of that and see if it suddenly springs into life.

Some anti-viral rescue CD's wouldn't go amiss either; http://www.techmixer.com/repair-and-rescue-windows-os-using-trinity-rescue-kit-live-cd/

Has it got anything installed like a firewall or anything that could be interfering with the normal operations of the browser? Sometimes a mis-configured firewall setting can be the cause of all the woes!

Sometimes people install crazy security configurations on their machines without meaning too and when they go to access the internet, they see the firewall pop-up with something about port 53 (DNS) and hit always deny thinking it's evil hackers trying to get into their machine, when in fact its the domain name resolution host and they've just gone and blocked it without a second thought. ;)
      « Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 03:40:37 PM by Felix »
      One important thing to remember is that unless you are exceptionally stupid or exceptionally brilliant, few newsgroup readers will remember your name from topic to topic or from post to post. It's the post that's important, not the poster!

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 04:53:32 PM »
      Go to Start/Run and type in iexplorer.exe and hit Enter...
      If this works than simply create a new Desktop icon and delete the old one.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Ldr223

Topic Starter

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 11:45:17 AM »
        Hi, Well now I can't get my internet connected at all on it now. It don't show up on my network connections at all before I had it up and now I don't. Anybody know how to set up network connection on it? I got two other computers hook up on this router. My brother and mine computer but now can't get my two nieces too hook up on this router. I got it hook up on a router.