Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ghosted hard drive and won't boot  (Read 2185 times)

Jimbobillybob

ghosted hard drive and won't boot
« on: March 22, 2009, 09:08:22 PM »
How can I get my new hard drive with all my old hard drive stuff on it to boot up again. I copied my hard drive to my new hard drive using Norton's Ghost 14.0, I deleted the old hard drive using Norton's partition magic, change my jumpers to cable select, switched order on ide cable and rebooted computer. I also have my hard drive partitioned for dual boot (1 is for my gaming, 2 is my main computer) and never had a problem with it. Now when I reboot the computer it lets me select which partition like normal but goes to a blue screen with the windows logo on it and does nothing. I am really hoping you can help me with my problem. Thank you in advance.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: ghosted hard drive and won't boot
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 09:18:04 AM »
Sounds like the new drive was not prepped properly...it has to be set as an active partition and formatted to be bootable.
You may have to start over.
Also whenever cloning or ghosting a drive it's best to hook up only the cloned drive at first as master to make sure everything is in running order ...when it is you can then safely add your other drives.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "