Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ZOTEC Video Card with 2 pin connector??  (Read 4729 times)

cannibalelf

ZOTEC Video Card with 2 pin connector??
« on: March 24, 2009, 09:33:39 AM »
I recently came to own a Zotec GeForce 6200 AGP 512meg video card for my backup computer (the one i let company use..) and it runs games.. OK. But after scouring online and visually eyeballing the card I seen a small 2 pin connector (for power, i assume) on the bottom of the card. Could explain why every 3-D game it runs, it runs really choppy. Where do I find a 2 pin connector?  I looked online and there doesn't seem to be any info on turning a 4 or 6 pin to a 2 pin power connector. The power supply doesn't seem to have one and I didn't notice any new power supplies having a 2 pin connector. If someone knows what to do to give that card some juice - please lemme know!
I put a link below so you can see the connector for yourself.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4471400&CatId=2234

The pin connector I'm talking about is under the 3 capacitors and next to the heat sink.

Lightbold

Greenhorn

Re: ZOTEC Video Card with 2 pin connector??
    « Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 10:05:00 AM »
    Hey,
    on the picture it looks as if there were more pins under the white cap, next to the two pins you talked about.
    Are you able to take off this cap?

cannibalelf

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 10:15:26 AM »
    not without forcing and breaking it off. I don't see any other pins beneath it?

Lightbold

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 10:21:25 AM »
      Maybe I am wrong. Was just an idea.
      I had a two pin connector for a fan I had once in my computer,
      but I am not sure whether you could use it for a graphic card as well.
      Did you check computer stores? Because there is the possibility that it's just not that common to sell and so you would not find it online.

Dias de verano

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 11:11:48 AM »
      It's a fan header. cannibalelf double posted.  ::) He has the version with a passive cooler (no fan) but there is still a (useless) fan header on the card.

cannibalelf, don't force anything off!

This is the other thread  ::)

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,79672.msg525320.html#msg525320

cannibalelf, please don't double post in future.