Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My computer restarts after 15 seconds  (Read 2512 times)

casey_thomas

My computer restarts after 15 seconds
« on: March 25, 2009, 10:58:22 AM »
I inherited a computer from my grandfather.  He said it worked fine before i took it.  I get it home and turn it on.  I delete all the users and create my own and I create one for my wife.  I go into my (and adventually her) account user and after 15 seconds it restarts.  I managed to restore the computer to an older setting (Feb 2008) and again, it works fine.  And again I delete all the previous users and add my own and yet again, the computer restarts when I go into my user.  It's a Systemax and I'm running Windows XP.  When I used it under my grandfathers name, it runs just fine and it's pretty fast...  ANY IDEAS?

GlitchPC

casey_thomas

Re: My computer restarts after 15 seconds
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 11:16:26 AM »
i figured someone would answer the question by now...

ImnoGuru

Adviser
  • The wonders of modern technology.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: My computer restarts after 15 seconds
    « Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 01:16:59 AM »
    I have some ideas you might want to try if your willing.

When I used it under my grandfathers name, it runs just fine and it's pretty fast...

Dont change anything and run it under your grandfathers name. ( Seems to be the most logical solution to me. ) ;D ;D

Format the drive and do a clean install of an Operating system. ( Next most obvious )  ;D

Leave grand dads name there and try just adding you and your wifes accounts, see how that goes for you.
    Let us know if it helps. ImnoGuru
    It takes 15 years to become an overnight success & Windows 10 will add another 10 years to it.