Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Main login screen wont let me in  (Read 3087 times)

blacknbrew

Topic Starter

Starter

Main login screen wont let me in
    « on: March 26, 2009, 11:32:31 PM »
    Im new to the site and am in need of some help.  Ive asked around and didnt come across the answer.  Im sorry if this problem has been covered already but when I searched for the problem here I mainly came across problems like the blue screen of death or just going to a black screen.  Well now to the problem.  First I am running Windows XP Media Edition (if that will help with the problem) and when I start the computer everything starts up fine.  When I get to the login screen I put in my password and it begins to log me in but as soon as it logs me in and I get to see my backround, it logs me back out to the main log in screen and says saving current settings.  It logs me out before I any programs seem to even load.  Every time I try to log back in it does the same.  Please can someone help me ASAP because my teacher has allowed me some extra time untill I can get my work from my computer but if I cant get it soon then I fail.  PLEASE can someone help me?  I dont have the boot disk that came with the computer because I didnt think I would need it back then so I never kept track of it.  Thank you all.
    « Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 12:12:36 AM by blacknbrew »

GlitchPC

Re: Main login screen wont let me in
    « Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 12:30:30 AM »
    Can you login to Safe Mode?

If so...create another user account with password to see if you experience the same issue.

blacknbrew

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 12:59:52 AM »
      When I run it in safe mode it does the same.  The only diffrence, if it makes one at all, is when its ran in safe mode there is my account and the admins which normaly isnt there.  I also tryed the ctrl + alt and delete twice but that way also does the same.

GlitchPC

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 01:29:23 AM »
      Are you the Administrator on this computer?  If so...can you login to either account (via Safe Mode) without it kicking you out?

blacknbrew

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 01:33:02 AM »
        Im the admin on it yes and I tryed on both my normal account and the admin and both does the same thing.  Thank you by the way for the quick replies.

GlitchPC

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 02:03:08 AM »
        Your welcome...

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but it looks like you'll need to perform a repair installation of XP...unless someone else has some better news they'd like to give you.  In order to do that, though...you're going to need the recovery CD from your computer manufacturer, or a certified Windows XP cd.

Wish I could be of more help...

blacknbrew

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 02:24:29 AM »
          I was afraid of that.  I appricate the help.