Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: survey login problems  (Read 2135 times)

jewel43

survey login problems
« on: March 27, 2009, 10:57:55 PM »
Hello...

Can anyone help me with a problem I am having?  I have been trying to login to a survey site which just requires my username and password but entering these just takes me to a page with the following error message..

""Server Error in '/op' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

String or binary data would be truncated.
The statement has been terminated.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: String or binary data would be truncated.
The statement has been terminated.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): String or binary data would be truncated.
The statement has been terminated.]
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnE rror(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +925466
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnec tion.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +800118
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowEx ceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +186
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +1932
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.Finish ExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +149
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExe cuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +1005
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExe cuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +132
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.Intern alExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe) +149
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.Execut eNonQuery() +135
   YourSource.Panel.Util.Data.DataHelper.U pdateBrowserDetails(Int32 IDENT) in C:\Docs\code\op\opv06\source\YourSource.Panel.Util\Data\DataHelper.cs:648
   YourSource.Panel.Util.Controls.LoginFor m.ProcessLoginRequest(User userToLogin, LoginUserStatus loginStatus, Boolean autoLoginUser) in C:\Docs\code\op\opv06\source\YourSource.Panel.Util\Controls\LoginForm.cs:370
   YourSource.Panel.Util.Controls.LoginFor m.LoginButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Docs\code\op\opv06\source\YourSource.Panel.Util\Controls\LoginForm.cs:324
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClic k(EventArgs e) +105
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaiseP ostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +107
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System .Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePost BackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +177
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1746  """

I have been in touch with the website concerned in case there was a problem at their end but apparently they are able to login to my account with no problem.  Does anybody have any idea why I might be getting this message??