Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Yahoo toolbar  (Read 2872 times)

lisashomeoffice

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Yahoo toolbar
    « on: March 29, 2009, 11:55:20 PM »
    I can't get the Yahoo toolbar off!  I downloaded IE 8 and there is no way  to get it off of Add/Remove because it is not listed.  There is no way Yahoo tells you how to get rid of it.  I have asked around and it seems that everyone else has that problem too.  Any clues?

Thanks

Lisa

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Yahoo toolbar
    « Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 01:05:57 AM »

lisashomeoffice

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 01:12:22 AM »
      Thanks, the problem is that those instructions are not meant for IE 8.  I think that they are meant for IE 6 or 7. There is no way to remove it from A/R, nor is there an uninstall feature.

Lisa

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Guru

lisashomeoffice

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 01:39:08 AM »
        Neither one of those work either.  I've been to the second one already.  I've been through the search engines and haven't found anything that worked yet.

Thanks

KingPincer

Intermediate

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 05:20:21 AM »
          Why don't you just try to go back to the earlier versions of internet explorer like version 6 or 7.

Mainiac

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 02:39:27 PM »
          Do you have any other Browser Helper Ojects that are corrupted or unknown

goto Tools -> Internet Options -> (Browsing History for ie7) Settings -> View Objects

if anything is damaged or unknown blow it away..in fact blow the whole list away if you see programs in there from 2005.

Then you should reset you internet explorer to defaults and try again. Internet Options -> advanced tab - reset

lisashomeoffice

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 12:59:04 AM »
            Hello, King,
            I had IE 6 before this.  I installed IE 7 when it came out;however, it messed up my computer, so I went back to IE6.  It doesn't seem like there is a way to uninstall IE 8.  I haven't talked to anyone who has it removed.  It would be OK if I could just hide it.  It doesn't seem to do that either.  I contacted Yahoo to see if they know if there is a way to do this.  I haven't heard from there yet.
             Mainiac, I did a check to see if there were any damaged files.  There was one, so I got rid of it.  Thanks for your help.

Lisa