Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Thumbnail Folders in "My Documents" are missing names...  (Read 2892 times)

nehmah

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Thumbnail Folders in "My Documents" are missing names...
    « on: March 30, 2009, 01:26:44 AM »
    I am using Windows XP.  On 3-27-09 I noticed that the folders in "My Documents" did not show their name.  If I go to "My Documents" using "Nehmah's Documents" the names are there.  If I use a shortcut or the Start menu, they are not there.  This is ONLY in the Thumbnail area.  All others have the correct name.  Not a world-stopper, I know but due to poor vision the thumbnail folders are easier to see.  I have no idea how to correct this, or even if it cannot be corrected.  Respectfully,  Nehmah

KingPincer

Intermediate

Re: Thumbnail Folders in "My Documents" are missing names...
      « Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 04:41:34 AM »
      Have you tried right clicking on that particular folder and choosing rename?

nehmah

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 08:14:12 PM »
        Yes. I tried again this afternoon, and still the same.  But, I do thank you for the suggestion.  Nehmah

nehmah

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 08:05:28 PM »
          A friend found the answer.  IN "My Documents">Views">choose a view that has the names showing, hold down "Shift" and change to "Thumbnails"  The names appear and stay put.  Thanks to all who replied.  Cordially,  Nehmah