Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: .bat how to block mouse input and hide taskbar.  (Read 10628 times)

hey101

Topic Starter

Beginner

.bat how to block mouse input and hide taskbar.
    « on: April 02, 2009, 08:52:30 AM »
    OK I want to pull a prank. I know im a little late but still. I want to make a .bat full screen. TO do it i have created a shortcut that did so. Only problem is that my mouse and taskbar still show. I would like to move the mouse off screen and then lock it there. Also I would like to hide the taskbar and prevent the window from closing. Using autohotkey I was able to disable task manager, remap alt f4 and remap alt-tab. Now i just need to get rid of x button in the top right. And I need to force it ontop of all other windows. PLease help as this is the first time i have made a .bat file. source code will help.

mroilfield

Mentor
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: .bat how to block mouse input and hide taskbar.
    « Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 09:02:57 AM »
    Use google to search for what you want as there are already plenty of things out there for "Pranks" like these.
    You can't fix Stupid!!!

hey101

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 09:11:02 AM »
      I did. I searched ".bat block mouse input" and like a ton of other keywords for like the past hour. I have found nothing that helped me.

mroilfield

Mentor
        • Yes
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 09:15:49 AM »
      Well I doubt any one here is going to help you make a .bat file that will do what you are wanting to do even if it is just for a prank.
      You can't fix Stupid!!!

hey101

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 09:19:28 AM »
        but why wouldnt they. Its just for a simple fake virus prank. It just displayes messages saying downloading and what not. Then at the end it says april fools. If you want me to post the source code then thats fine. If you want to pm me how to do it because of security then thats fine. I would just like to find out because im going to pull the prank on my dad. and since hes smart im trying to be smarter. If you get what im saying.

mroilfield

Mentor
          • Yes
          • Yes
        « Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 09:29:30 AM »
        well I am not sure how to do it but I know that most of the time people here will not help with things like this because they can't be sure of the real use for it.
        You can't fix Stupid!!!

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • Yes
        • Certifications: List
        • Experience: Guru

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
        • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • BC-Programming.com
        • Certifications: List
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 09:59:27 AM »
        Moving the mouse cannot be done via batch without an external program. Same with hiding the taskbar.

hiding the mouse cursor can be done by using the ShowCursor() Routine and passing FALSE.

Hiding and showing the taskbar would be done by calling the API ShowWindow(hwnd,FALSE) on the window handle returned by FindWindow(NULL, "Shell_TrayWnd");

of course none of this can be done via batch and would require VB, C++ or some other language. And of course that would be against forum rules for me to provide.

If your lucky you could have it working by next April.

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

hey101

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 10:01:37 AM »
          sorry. Its not for revenge and i forgot to say that one of my friends did help me write this. He asked me not to mention his name so i wont. And I used conficker.exe because my dads totally freaked out about that virus.

And the prank was just an april fools joke.

I understand the rules. Sorry for me not reading them.

and thanks for helping me to some degree. ANd your probably right about me not getting it done until next april