Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Ventrilo Issue  (Read 3158 times)

Jilow

Topic Starter

Ventrilo Issue
    « on: March 30, 2009, 12:45:51 AM »
    This isn't a huge pressing Issue, but one i've been trying to figure out for awhile now:

Basically I have Ventrilo on a external hard-drive, and take my hard-drive to many places (using random computers); however, I have to re-type the vent contact info each and every time. (I have the actual vent soft-ware saved and installed to my external hardrive. I just have to double click the vent.exe and it runs) However it doesn't register that i've ever used it before, or the contact info. I was wondering where it was saving said info, and how do i get it so it can all be done off of my external?

Right now i just have a word document on my external, that i have all my vent data on, so I atleast still have it.

any help would be appreciated

-Jon Snow

------------
    "Only the one truth will prevail"

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Ventrilo Issue
    « Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 12:58:55 AM »
    I don't think what you want is possible. All the contact information is most likely stored somewhere in your computer's Application Data.

Jilow

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 06:23:36 PM »
      Well, in your expert opinion, what do you think is my best alternative.  Given the fact I want to continue to use vent, and use a External Hard-drive.

Is there a way to find where in the App Data it's getting saved to, so i can simply put it there each time (i'm fairly ignorant on how exactlyt this works)

Is what i'm doing currently the best I can do?

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 06:40:48 PM »
      I don't think it is possible.

You may want to try looking at the program's settings, but they are not designed to use on multiple computers like that.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 05:11:11 PM »
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "