Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet Exployer 7 not responding  (Read 6709 times)

smstock1

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    Internet Exployer 7 not responding
    « on: March 31, 2009, 12:14:49 PM »
    My internet exployer 7 isn't responding,but can get on internet with opera.Do I need to uninstall internet expoyer and reinstall,and do I uninstall  it before I reinstall it.Everytime I click on internet exployer,comp seems to freeze up and have to go to list manager to get out of it,then I can go to opera to get on comp,or should I download Internet Exployer 8.I have a desktop with windows XP Home edition.
    Thanks,
    smstock1

Sykes

Beginner

• Nice Guy :)
      • Tricks Guide
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Internet Exployer 7 not responding
    « Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 07:59:17 PM »
    Hi,

1. Open Control Panel
    2. Internet Options
    3. Click on Advanced tab.
    4. Uncheck "Enable third party browser extension".
    5. Check the option "Disable Script Debugging(Internet Explorer)".
    6. Click  on OK.
    7. Close and open Internet Explorer.

Regards

Sykes :)
    Have a good day

My Blog: http://www.tricksguide.com/

jbmwx

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 08:58:52 PM »
    Did you try resetting internet explorer?

Here is microsoft's solution for doing that ... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

As for getting internet explorer 8, there are new tools like the privacy browsing mode that you might like at times and ie7 will someday become obsolete and microsoft will no longer be updating it via windows update since ie8 will have been their standard.

smstock1

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      « Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 08:50:58 AM »
      Thanks guys ,it worked.Both of you have given great answers,as My comp is working fine once again because of both of you.Only question is,do you think I should get IE 8,is it better than IE 7 ?
      smstock1

jbmwx

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 05:59:29 PM »
      I think IE8 is better than IE7 personally, but you gotta try it out to see if you think so too.

InPrivate browsing --- prevent IE from saving cookies, browsing history or anything else that others can use to see what you've been doing on the net.

Compatibility mode for webpages that worked fine on older browser but are not working or don't look right on new one.

Those are the two biggies of IE8 but other features are there.

It's up to you if you want to switch, I think IE8 is decent, in terms of what Microsoft is doing  and so maybe try it out and see if you like the new features. The basics between IE7 and IE8 are still the same in terms of going to the sites you normally like to visit but the new features and look are the things to try out. And if for any reason IE7 seems better than IE8 for you, then uninstall IE8 and go back to using IE7.

smstock1

Topic Starter

Intermediate
        « Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 07:11:42 PM »
        Ok will go try and see.Thanks again for your help.
        Thanks, :-*
        smstock1

Sykes

Beginner

• Nice Guy :)
          • Tricks Guide
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 12:16:57 AM »
        Hi,

Glad to know that WE were able to help you.

regards

Sykes ;D
        Have a good day

My Blog: http://www.tricksguide.com/

smstock1

Topic Starter

Intermediate
          « Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 02:15:59 PM »
              Sorry guys ,but after doing as you said about unchecking the enable 3rd party extensions and placing a check by the disable script bugging my IE 7 will go to each site much better,but I've lost all of my tool bars.If I must uninstall IE7 and reinstall it,do I have to uninstall the existing one before I can reinstall?
          smstock1

Clarkcj

Rookie
            • Yes
          • Computer: Specs
          • Experience: Experienced
          « Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 02:21:43 PM »
              Sorry guys ,but after doing as you said about unchecking the enable 3rd party extensions and placing a check by the disable script bugging my IE 7 will go to each site much better,but I've lost all of my tool bars.If I must uninstall IE7 and reinstall it,do I have to uninstall the existing one before I can reinstall?

Do you mean toolbars or the Menu Help and those buttons? If so then right click on where the toolbars where and select menubar and then the menubar come up. If its not that then. Uninstall IE7 or IE8 and then go on Opera or FF if you have another Browser and then go to the Microsoft site and download IE8 or IE7. And it should work.

smstock1

Topic Starter

Intermediate
            « Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 04:40:25 PM »
            I mean toolbars.I had google,and a couple more tool bars and they're still in programs ,but when I search for them in tools not showing,and not showing in browser bar either.Are you a tech on here,or just a guest?
            smstock1

Clarkcj

Rookie
              • Yes
            « Reply #10 on: April 05, 2009, 05:58:22 PM »
            I mean toolbars.I had google,and a couple more tool bars and they're still in programs ,but when I search for them in tools not showing,and not showing in browser bar either.Are you a tech on here,or just a guest?

I am not a tech on here and nor a guest. But I am a member wanting to help people with their questions.

smstock1

Topic Starter

Intermediate
              « Reply #11 on: April 05, 2009, 06:21:53 PM »
                  Glad to hear this site has others trying to help all of us( beginners),so do you think I will need to reinstall IE7.Will I have to reinstall my tool bars again also.Do you think there is any other possible way of fixing this problem without reinstalling IE7,as most sites recommending IE8,but many people say there is a lot of problems with IE8
              smstock1

Clarkcj

Rookie
                • Yes
              « Reply #12 on: April 05, 2009, 07:06:51 PM »
                  Glad to hear this site has others trying to help all of us( beginners),so do you think I will need to reinstall IE7.Will I have to reinstall my tool bars again also.Do you think there is any other possible way of fixing this problem without reinstalling IE7,as most sites recommending IE8,but many people say there is a lot of problems with IE8

There are some, And I don't think there is a way to fix it without reinstalling IE7.

smstock1

Topic Starter

Intermediate
                « Reply #13 on: April 06, 2009, 11:28:19 AM »
                   Sykes ,will you please tell me what to do,as after I did what you said  on second reply above,my comp worked ok,but lost my tool bars,and so I went back and changed it back like it was and tool bars came back.Is there any other way to fix this without having to reinstall IE7
                smstock1

smstock1

Topic Starter

Intermediate
                  « Reply #14 on: April 08, 2009, 03:22:07 PM »
                  Anyone on this site answering questions about computers,have waited several days for a reply.
                  smstock1