Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: gray screen  (Read 2026 times)

mommarita

gray screen
« on: April 09, 2009, 07:17:06 AM »
am having problem with my laptop model . it powers up but with a gray screen, so i cannot view anything. i tried hp support but to no avail . although later in the day i had unplugged everything for about an hour and it started up for about 10 minutes,, this morning it is doing the same thing,..  any ideas.. they had me take out battery, power off,, strike keys,,, etc...      any suggestions other than turning everything off for the day then trying when  i get home ..
thanks. :)

Dustinator

Beginner
    Re: gray screen
    « Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 07:43:44 AM »
    Try plugging it into a external monitor a cable might have come lose or if that does not work it could be your ram.
    Hope this helps.
    1 day I will get a faster computer.

Aegis

Expert

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Brian's Mess Of A Web Page
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: gray screen
    « Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 07:51:32 AM »
    Is there a port on the laptop which allows you to plug in a desktop monitor?  Do you have an available monitor which you can plug in to try to see if you get a display on the monitor?  This will help show if the builit in video card is properly processing a signal.  Then you'll know if it's something with the laptop's display, itself.

"For you, a thousand times over." - "The Kite Runner"