Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Corrupted JPG Photo, How to repair?  (Read 3767 times)

RaeGurl

Topic Starter

Starter

Corrupted JPG Photo, How to repair?
    « on: March 31, 2009, 02:05:11 PM »
    Hope this is the right place to post. I went to get some photos from a recent trip off of the card (they had already been veiwed etc but no one took them off the card yet) they all where fine but one was not working. I get errors when I try to open it everywhere but in some programs I will see part of it, the rest is gray. The thumbnail is always fine. So after searching the web I found out it is a corrupted JPG which is possible to fix in some cases. Iv downloaded several demos & programs that claim to fix them but no luck. They simply turn the gray part another color BUT one did turn the gray part red & in the red there was a shadow of a couple parts of the picture that where missing. It was like the picture was showing up but the part missing had been cut in half and put on opposite sides.... So that makes me think somehow it is still possible to save this photo. Iv also heard some things about a Hex editor and I even downloaded one but have no idea what to do with it really sooo it doesn't help me.. :( Does anyone out there have any suggestions, Id really like to save this photo...

CPU/Ram: 2.1 GHz / 447 MB
    Manufacturer/Model: Hewlett-packard / Pl382aa-aba a706n

EDIT: I just tried another program (JPG Recovery Prof)  the result was better I suppose but def. not repaired.  There is still the color error where my pictures cuts of & turns gray but the part that is gray shows the rest of my picture but with a green tint effect...Plus their watermark is on it but it makes me feel like it may be possible to save my pic! Also if it is any help the ''watermark''also says..... Missing Pixels (448,568) - (751-575)
    « Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 02:19:32 PM by RaeGurl »

Carbon Dudeoxide

• Global Moderator

• Mastermind
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Corrupted JPG Photo, How to repair?
    « Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 10:01:38 PM »
    So the USB drive was pulled out whilst viewing a picture? Never a good idea.

I don't think anything can be done to the corrupted file.
    You may want to try a file-reovery program on the drive, but I don't think it will fix anything.

Do you not have backups anywhere else?  :-\

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Corrupted JPG Photo, How to repair?
    « Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 06:14:42 AM »
    Try Recuva....FREE.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "