Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: "Page Can Not Be Displayed" after 5 mins of working IE  (Read 3678 times)

ChCollins85

Topic Starter

"Page Can Not Be Displayed" after 5 mins of working IE
    « on: April 01, 2009, 08:03:11 AM »
    I have Windows XP and have been experiencing disrupted internet service for the past few days. When I start my computer and access IE, it works properly. However, about after 5 minutes or so I start to get "this page can not be displayed" or sometimes "this link appears to be broken." I constantly restart my computer so I can use the internet. I thought it was my modem or service. I've called my service provider several times and they said it's not their service, but it does appear something is blocking my access. I have Symantec Antivirus program. They suggested it was a firewall or something, but I did try to turn it off and it still didn't work. They also said to put my computer on safe mode? I'm not sure what to do next! I just want my working internet to work!

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: "Page Can Not Be Displayed" after 5 mins of working IE
    « Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 04:57:03 PM »
    What are the modem activity lights doing ? ?
    How did you try to turn off Symantec ? ?
    To enter safemode you tap F8 repeatedly on power up and before you see the Windows logo page......WARNING: let it load completely.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

ChCollins85

Topic Starter

Re: "Page Can Not Be Displayed" after 5 mins of working IE
      « Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 12:31:20 PM »
      Thank you for your help! It randomly starting working a few days ago? I'm not sure what the problem was. I unplugged everything and then put it back together. Maybe it was a loose cable or something.