Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: oh no cannot boot after logo blackscreen only  (Read 3386 times)

mr tee

Topic Starter

Beginner
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    oh no cannot boot after logo blackscreen only
    « on: April 01, 2009, 09:49:54 AM »
    hi guys i have borrowed a friends computer to contact you today. i have copied my bios onto a piece of paper and have checked that everything is still as it was when it operated ok .. it is still fine i.e still the same. my computer starts fine it goes through the memory check the windows emblem comes on screen then i have a black screen only and nothing else happens until i reset and get the same again .. i have windows home sp3 installed and cannot boot using disk either.. i have also tried safe mode , last known good config, debugging mode, and reboot, i have removed the memory sticks in this computer which are ddr and tried them in my computer and still get the same result. i have also removed my friends graphics card and tried that option as well no good result either .. i have even been given an option to type r  to repair and that results in the computer restarting itself it has d/load home sp 3 again but on completion leaves me with a blackscreen .. i have recieved this message at one time today...a problem has been detected by windows and needs to shut down your computer . if this is the first time you see this screen take these steps  check with your bios vendor for updates.. disable bios memory such as caching and shadowing  ( which is done ) then restart into safe mode  technical info states .. STOP  0x0000008e ( 0xc0000005, 0xf84c7c13, 0xf809f7e4, 0x00000000 )     setupdd.sys -  address  f84c7c13 , base at f849b000, datestamp 48025277     i also receieved on another  page    TRAP 00000006========exception============                                                                                                   tr=0028  cr0=80000011  cr2=00000000  cr3= 00039000       gdt limit= 03ff  base=0003f000  idt limit=07ff       base= 0003f400   cs: eip=008:  0040737f   ss:esp=0010: 0005f5c  errcode=0000  flags=00010086   NoCy  NoZr  Intdis Down TrapDis   eax=00008000  ebx=00008000  ecx=00000000 edx= 00480001  ds=0010    es=0010    edi=80507580  esi=00488000  ebp=0005f978  cr0=80000011  fs= 0030  gs=0000    ( if someone may understand what this all means and can help me out i would be extremly grateful thank you )   :'( 

squall_01

Prodigy

Re: oh no cannot boot after logo blackscreen only
      « Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 11:07:31 AM »
      Are you getting that as a seperate blue screen???
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

mr tee

Topic Starter

Beginner
        « Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 12:06:29 PM »
        the trap0000006====exception======  and there... on is a black screen . but the other message  a problem has been detected..... is a blue screen thanks  squall_01

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 12:25:01 PM »
          It seems that you have a BSOD and possibly something else.  I cant unfortunealy help in removal since I dont know what that is right off.
          Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

mr tee

Topic Starter

Beginner
            « Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 12:50:58 PM »
            not a problem squall thanks for the input it is a tricky one i should mention that the vid card i have in it is an old nvidia fx 400/mx200 but tried to operate it with nvidia fx5600 with no luck either ! i did also update the old card on nvidia dinosaur files 2 weeks ago and it seemed ok to.. oh no not good thanks all the same

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 12:52:00 PM »
              That maybe the very source of it.  if you googles the stop code probably come up saing something like that.

mr tee

Topic Starter

Beginner
                « Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 01:07:33 PM »
                i ran the stop code on m/soft site and the options are many i.e hdd,ram, graphics card, these items relate to that code i have a 40gb hd at the moment in that machine i have also just got a second hand 160gb hd but i dont know how to install it properly on the machine the message i recieved was something like unrecognised driver i am not exactly sure but it would not allow me to use it.. but it showed it was connected in the bios and when i first start up yet itried a newer graphics card+2 different memory sticks ddr as well my friend thought it may be a motherboard problem perhaps ???????   :P

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 01:13:03 PM »
                  not exatly possible driver conflict

mr tee

Topic Starter

Beginner
                    « Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 01:37:50 PM »
                    i am tempted to maybe attach a hdd out of my friends machine to my machine he has 2 80gb drivers 1 is the master and 1 is a slave although he is using vista and i have home edition sp3 do you know if i do this will it cause a problem to my friends hdd as he does not have vista disk available and wants to keep running vista ?

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 01:39:15 PM »
                      i think its built off of xp so it will probably look at the hardware an notice a differnce.

mr tee

Topic Starter

Beginner
                        « Reply #10 on: April 01, 2009, 02:21:07 PM »
                        oooohhh darn i will wait for further ideas then thanx squall