Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Ms Dos in XP  (Read 2396 times)

WQS

Ms Dos in XP
« on: May 06, 2005, 05:39:41 PM »
Hey guys

I hav got this virus in C:\Windows\Fonts. Its a file called odbcnut.dll. Aka Trojan Vundo.H.

I cant delete the file not even with Killbot. Symantec suggests that i delete it by booting in DOS using my startup disk. But when I boot using the startup disk My C drive cant be accessed.

How can access Ms DOS using XP. (not command prompt from start...)

Please help me. This virus is getting on my nerves. Actually it is the Virus Scanner which is getting on my nerves.

gussery

Re: Ms Dos in XP
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 05:45:00 PM »
There is no MS DOS in XP.  You can boot to command prompt only or safe mode and get rid of that pesky critter.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm#02

WQS

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 08:27:18 AM »
Thx for your help. But I got the problem solved

I created a new partition and installed a new OS on it. I still couldnt delete the file, But i was able to Move the file to the new partition. Finally I formated the partition.

Thx anyway

M

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2005, 12:05:42 PM »
start--> execute/uitvoeren

next you type CMD, this is a dos emulator

Sidewinder

Guru

• Experience: Familiar
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2005, 04:39:01 PM »
Technically, CMD is the native command processor for the NT operating systems and more resembles the OS/2 processor. COMMAND is the command processor for DOS and Win9x operating systems and is available on all Windows OSes. There is no emulation of either one.

8)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 04:45:37 PM by Sidewinder »
The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.

-- Albert Einstein