Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Remove Nview.dll GPU Library Pointer from roaming user profiles  (Read 2752 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Our business has a bunch of users who move between computers with roaming profiles on Windows XP Pro SP3 workstations. Some users had some Toshiba laptops with integrated NVidia GeForce GPUs and drivers. These users log on to the workstations without the NVidia GPU and get a message stating "Error Loading nview.dll" every time they logon to systems without the NVidia GPU.

In the past when this has happened, I have tombstoned the users profile and created a new profile and set the laptops as local profile only to avoid that profile from making its way out to the other workstations.

Now a Group Policy went across by a higher up and it flipped the local profiles on those laptops to replicate to the workstations again and I am looking for an easier solution than having to tombstone and reinitialize about 20 users.

Anyone know of any tools or techniques to remove the DLL Library pointers from profiles to save me from all this lengthy work rebuilding profiles?

Thanks,

Dave