Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: how do I set up an Ext hard drive?  (Read 2408 times)

Gizmologist

Topic Starter

Beginner

how do I set up an Ext hard drive?
    « on: April 03, 2009, 01:27:35 PM »
    I have a Western Digital ext hard drive. How do I automatically save all documents etc to the E drive as well as the internal drive?

The only options I see in the SAVE AS utility save documents in the floppy drive, not the E drive.

iamtonsoffun247

Apprentice

Re: how do I set up an Ext hard drive?
      « Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 01:33:38 PM »
      Do you just want to back up your whole system, and then if you add anything else extra it will be saved auomatically on a scheduled task?  Or do you mean as soon as you save a file, that it saves into 2 locations?

Gizmologist

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 02:45:30 PM »
        Both. I would like to save everything already on the main drive, all documents etc and then everything saved from now on , saved to both at the same time

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 03:37:51 PM »
        You should look into an imaging program such as Acronis True Image or Ghost.
        There is a FREE version of Macrium Reflect that actually works rather well but is missing some bells and whistles such as network backups and scheduling...

Full Review of Macrium Reflect Here...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Gizmologist

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 04:26:44 PM »
          what I found was software for XP or Vista. I am running 2000pro. If there is no software program for 2000 to set up automatic saving on both drives, how do I set up the ext hard drive to save and can that drive option (E drive) be substituted in the save as menu for saving to a floppy? (A drive)